Sleipnir (Web browser)

Stocker360

The English homepage

Download.com (English)

Sleipnir is a Japanese tabbed web browser, released by Fenrir Inc. The browser is known for its high level of user customization. The newest version of the browser is Sleipnir 2.8.3

logo.png

History

It was originally developed as Sleipnir version 1.x by Yasuyuki Kashiwagi, who is now the president of Fenrir & Co, but in November 2004, he had his computer with Sleipnir's source code stolen. In 2005, he established Fenrir & Co. for the purpose of restarting development of Sleipnir as version 2.x, which has no compatibility with version 1.x.

As of 2006 Sleipnir had a 6.0% of the market share in Japan. In the next couple of years, Fenrir hopes to dramatically grow its user base from the current roughly 100,000 users to around 17 million. Fenrir has released its Global Site and arranged new pages for each location. Fenrir has released Sleipnir 3 alpha version with plans to release other language versions.

Features

The browser's layout engine can be changed to either Internet Explorer's Trident or Mozilla's Gecko. Other features include mouse gestures, page zooming, a search bar, Greasemonkey-like user script support, and plugin support.

Source 1 - Sleipnir (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Source 2 - Fenrir Inc. Global

Both Yokenny and myself have used this browser, (I used it for 6 months).

I also used it for about 6 months, and thought it was an excellent browser. In my opinion, it's the best of the many IE shells. This was before permanently switching to Opera and never looking back though. ;)

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• 5 months later...

I'm new here.........been using CCleaner quite awhile and love it.......just started using Sleipnir Browser and wondering if it's configurable for CCleaner to clean it as an application........I've nosed around the Cleaner options anc can't seem to find out where or how to to add it to the Cleaner. Any help would be appreciated.

Sleipnir uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine Trident, which CCleaner cleans. That means Sleipnir's history/cookies/cache IS being cleaned, even though it does not appear in the applications list.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Sleipnir uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine Trident, which CCleaner cleans. That means Sleipnir's history/cookies/cache IS being cleaned, even though it does not appear in the applications list.

Thanks TJ.............thought that may be the case, but wasn't sure.........there are a couple things that it doesn't appear to clean, but think they are configurable within Sleipnir's options. Thanks again

EDIT: Update.........just rand the cleaner to check to see if it does clear Sleipnir internet history and it does not....it cleans IE history just fine, but leaves Sleipnir alone...........guess I'll just bypass Sleipnir.............I thought it looked promising because it appears to be really stingy with how much memory it uses as compared to IE, Firefox and Avant Browser which I have used and wanted to find a browser that used less memory. Thanks anyway.

Edited by Pip