Is it posible to get CCleaner to Clean multipe users with out having to login to each of them

Cloud Strife

Hello

I am runing a computer with multiple user profiles would it be possible to CCleaner to clean all of them at once? currently if i want to clean a users profile i have to log in to that users account (which i can do but it is a pain) and run CCleaner out of that account. would there be anyway to clean other users profiles with out having to log them in? to clarify i don't need to clean over a network all of these users are on the same computer and i can clean some of there usage tracks manually because i know where most of them are stored and i can go into there user profiles and delete them my self. i just wanted to know if CCleaner could save me the trouble of doing that.

an answer to this topic and my other one about Firefox's open and save to locations would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Currently what you're wanting won't work.

Sure you could include certain folder locations and clean some stuff via an Admin account, however to use CCleaner to its fullest you'll still need to log into each user account and individually clean them.

My question is what is the reason for this? If you were wanting to just regually clean users profiles you could put a ccleaner shortcut with the /auto switch in the all users startup folder. Then when they login they would be cleaning their own account without being prompted.

i see that's what i thought but i just wanted to make sure. thank you Andavari

@ sirwardle yes that would work for cleaning their accounts when they log in but not when they log out which is when that account would probably have the most usage tracks. it also wouldn't be good if i wasn't prompted because sometimes CCleaner removes things that i want to keep for a few days (ie game saves). i just wanted it to detect their usage tracks so that i could clear them when i cleared my own. but that doesn't appear to be possible.

anyway thank you both for you're help.