Windows 7 beta goes public

rridgely

Here?s where we stand

Posted by:

Brandon LeBlanc 06:24 PM Saturday

Jan 10, 2009 251 Comments

I know many of you have had issues with the Windows 7 Beta site over the last 24 hours. As you may have noticed the download site has been up and running smoothly since this morning. That said, we apologize for the inconvenience that it caused some of you.

Due to an enormous surge in demand, the download experience was not ideal so we listened and took the necessary steps to ensure a good experience. We have clearly heard that many of you want to check out the Windows 7 Beta and, as a result, we have decided remove the initial 2.5 million limit on the public beta for the next two weeks (thru January 24th). During that time you will have access to the beta even if the download number exceeds the 2.5 million unit limit.

http://windowsteamblog.com:80/blogs/window...e-we-stand.aspx

I won't help as I don't have the hardware to run it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
@Andavari

Are you pointing out the MP3 files having the first part of the music cut, as mentioned in MSFN Forums?

Don't know what the MSFN forums mentioned since I don't go there. I was told several days ago about the MP3 corruption bug, and I just wanted people who are testing out the beta to know if they're using an unpatched version without the fix they could have issues, especially for those that don't update things.

i'm currently downloading and will test on Virtual Box.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8