KB960714 problem

brk

IE7-WindowsXP-KB960714-x86-ENU.exe

after this hotfix, which is related with ie7 at xp prof (sp3), cccleaner does not clean the search history like google search cache, and the others. i guess the technical name of it is form data.

• Moderators
This might not help at ALL.

But IMHO you should have dumped IE long time ago.

Use Firefox or Opera. Much secure and much faster.

The rest is upto the Moderators and other helpful members . :)

You are totally correct, that does not help the poster at all.

Think before you post please.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

From a site

Microsoft has released an official security patch(KB960714) for security flaw for Internet Explorer 7 and below - and is asking everyone to update qucikly. Other vulnerabilities usually require users to run malicious code for a hacking attempt, but this new vulnerability works when the user visits a website set up to infect the user. The visitor does not even have to download anything or click ?OK? to be affected. If you cannot immediately apply the patch, we would advise two security measures: use an alternate browser, use IE but ensure visits to trust-worthy sites only, and use IE on a restricted user account (and not admin).

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

ishan the poster has already applied the hotfix so does not need to change browsers if he does not wish to do so.

People use different browsers depending on what they prefer, or sometimes even what their system will allow them to use.

For instance some people cannot use Opera, it doesn't agree with the system setup they have.

Around the same time as the Internet Explorer security flaw, Firefox had 3 security flaw fixes.

The poster is wanting to know if the hotfix has affected CCleaner abilty in a certain area of cleaning, nothing else.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

"a site" :blink::rolleyes:

again not very helpful

I'll try to be a little more helpful (which'll be hard because I use a different cleaner for my IE trails) but as the patch was quickly rolled out it may take the developers a short while to find and fix the form data cleaner. If the newest update (2.15) does not clean the data you can be pretty sure that one of the next ones (2.16 or 2.17) will.

Until that time it may be a good idea to

1) turn off auto complete (in IE7 tools > internet Options > Content > Autocomplete Settings> uncheck forms)

or

2) manually clear form data with the same regularity you run CCleaner (in IE7 tools>delete browsing history>delete forms)

or

3) switch Cleaners for ie settings (I use IE Privacy Keeper from www.browsertools.net)

Hope one of these solutions works as a band-aid/or even a complete fix

:)

The Newer Nicer Nergal di Cuthah

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com