MacroMedia Flash Player Not showing up

Normandie

Just installed MarcoMedia Flash Player from their site, it said version 7.0.19 and when I run CCleaner and look in applications, it does not show up anywhere so I can check it to be cleaned. Is this normal? How do I make it show up?

Thanks,

Normandie

Same here, I had a look in the registry and there are no flash entries yet I when I visit the Macromedia site everything loads fine, no you do not have flash installed etc.

englishmen,

Does this sound as if macroMedia is changing something so CCleaner will not work or are they doing some sneaky? :o

I find it just a little shady! :unsure:

Have a good day,

Normandie

• Moderators

In the registry it'll be here:

FlashPlayer: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia"

Not sure if this is a part of the installation or not:

Shockwave: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia"

On the hard disk it'll be here, this is the location it stores stuff you've viewed from flash enabled websites:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player"

Note: In CCleaner's winapp.ini file it already detects this stuff, the only way for it to clean Flash is if you actually visit a Flash enabled website that puts stuff in:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player"

Of course if the stuff in the Macromedia\Flash Player folder isn't getting removed you can always add it to CCleaners Custom Folders option.

I won't show up unless the following registry key is present:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer

I'll run a few tests and see if there's a better way to test for it.

MrG,

I just did a search in my registry and every where I searched for MacroMedia, I found "flashpaper" & not "flashplayer" looks to me as if they are trying to hide from you. I don't know, I am not a programer, but it looks odd. What I have installed I installed directly from MacroMedia's site.

Have a nice day,

Normandie

• Moderators
I won't show up unless the following registry key is present:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer

I'll run a few tests and see if there's a better way to test for it.

For Internet Explorer it'll be easy to detect from:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

For third-party browsers that's where things are going to be tricky, hence any one can change the installation directory.

For Mozilla Suite (default install directory):

C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins\NPSWF32.dll

For Opera (need to detect where it's installed via the registry since Opera Software likes to put version numbers in the install directory name):

HKCU\Software\Opera Software

C:\Program Files\Opera ###\Program\Plugins\NPSWF32.dll

For Internet Explorer it'll be easy to detect from:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

Andavari,

It is there where you said it would be, but CCleaner still does not show it in the "Applications tab". I think Macromedia is trying to hide.(See my previous reply)

Thanks,

Normandie

• Moderators

I don't know what it's trying to do, however I did have to add the application data folder where it puts its junk into the CCleaner Custom Folders in order for the junk to get deleted.

• Moderators
Which folder exactly did you put there?

Of course this is where it stores stuff from Mozilla, and Opera. I don't use Internet Explorer so I'm not sure if IE's stuff will go there or in the Temporary Internet Files.

Of course this is where it stores stuff from Mozilla, and Opera. I don't use Internet Explorer so I'm not sure if IE's stuff will go there or in the Temporary Internet Files.

Thanks, but with IE I find some folders in Macromedia, but there are about 6 and I don't know which one's to add. I guess the easy thing would be to delete "FlashPlayer" :P

Have a good day,

Normandie

i think it is cuz in CCleaner it is still version 8, but if you edit the winapp.ini and change the macromedia version from 8 to 10 it will show up.

mr.brownstone,

Thanks, but the current version of Macromedia FlashPlayer, on MacroMedia's Site is 7.0.19. You may be thinking of Shockwave.

Have a good day,

Normandie