Foxit Reader 2.3 Build 3309

YoKenny

Fixed in Foxit Reader 2.3 Build 3309

1. Compatibility issues with Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader after saving.

2. Disappearing Toolbar after minimizing Foxit Reader to the system tray.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I don't see any advert but I know that I can't keep the Advertisement in View un-checked.

I only use it for a couple of pdf files I have for my system and my Palm Tungsten E2 that wanted to install Adobe Reader to view the User's Guides.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I don't see any advert but I know that I can't keep the Advertisement in View un-checked.

I only use it for a couple of pdf files I have for my system and my Palm Tungsten E2 that wanted to install Adobe Reader to view the User's Guides.

I was getting ready to say that I never have any advert stuff.

Must be the "Piriform Fairy" again.

:) davey

• Moderators
I know on the last update you couldn't make the advert disappear in the way Dennis D figured out with other versions. Is that still a problem with this update?

That little trick no longer works on my system. Compared to the bloat of Adobe Reader and its now included add-on Adobe Air that's a very insignificant nuisance to see Foxit's small bitmap ads.

YoKenny I checked that Advertisement option in View.

That little dinky thing is an advertisement ?

Could have fooled me. It looks more like an option !!! It does have neat little messages. :lol:

I'll uncheck it and save the "Piriform Fairy" another trip.

:) davey

You can uncheck the advert and it will go away but appear again the next time you launch Foxit. A couple versions ago you could make that advert disappear permanently.

Andavari I agree with you. The advert is a minor annoyance to put up with for free use of a great app. I was just curious if the little fix worked on this version.