Spybuddy software, can't uninstall

tsbeaty

Hello all, new to the site and not especially computer techno savvy, but not computer illiterate either. Here goes, I installed spybuddy and can't get the uninstall program from them, no response. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it now? Thanks.

Hi tsbeaty! Revo Uninstaller should do the trick. It has 4 levels of uninstall to choose from, the first being the programs' uninstaller. Revos' default is level 3. But it's best to do a registry back-up with Erunt just to play it safe.

But before you attempt this, it's best to wait to hear replies from people more advanced than I on this board.

• Moderators

Revo would work if there was something to get a handle on, but because of what it is, it seems to be more difficult to remove than it may actually be.

This from there website:

Hidden From Task Manager (Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP)

Hidden From Add/Remove Programs list (Control Panel)

Hidden From Desktop, Start Menu and System Tray

Go into C:\Program Files\ExploreAnywhere\SpyBuddy, if that's the default location where you installed it, and see if there's an uninstall.exe.

There are manual removal instructions on this website if that's what you have to do, but check the program files folder first, and then come back.

And if any of the other guys can check this site as I've never heard of it, although the information's probably sound.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-spybuddy.html

Actually, I've just noticed at the bottom of that page that SuperAntiSpyware can remove SpyBuddy. I'm wondering if it's the same SpyBuddy?

Hello all, new to the site and not especially computer techno savvy, but not computer illiterate either. Here goes, I installed spybuddy and can't get the uninstall program from them, no response. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it now? Thanks.

Hi tsbeaty,

Welcome to the forums. :D

Sorry it is not on such a good occasion.

I don't know how you got here but you are certainly in a good safe place.

Corona gave you some good advice to handle normal software removal. Corina also advised you to wait for some more opinions also. This was excellent advice.

DennisD a forum Moderator did some investigation and realized that it is possibly a bad situation that you are in.

This is apparently no run of the mill software removal process. This software may be designed to stay in your system for quite awhile without you knowing what it is actually doing. You need professional, expert help that we can't offer in this Software forum. THIS IS SERIOUS as it involves your PC, financial, and personal security. Since these criminals are constantly changing their software, you must get this expert help.

Apparently this SpyBuddy is just what it is named. It is used by "spies"(aka Criminals) to look at everything going on with your PC.

Newer spyware makes itself out to be best Spyware Killers on Earth.

They try to imitate the real good programs that are recommended from places like this.

You tell everyone that you know to come here or places we recommend to find out what is good or bad. The link I give you will advise some good software and good places to read about Security and good security software.

Your best bet would be to use our Spyware Hell Forum to get rid of this and make sure your PC is "clean".

Go to this link and follow its instructions. Or you may be infected for a long time and not even know it.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17457

Good luck,

:) davey

Be sure to thank whoever sent you here.

Be sure to warn everyone you know "Do not download" from anywhere nowadays without getting good advice first.

These criminal organizations are even taking known valid "anti-criminal companies" to court.

Edited by davey

• Moderators

tsbeaty, in case you have been worried by Davey's post where I think he may have misunderstood your problem and not realised that your copy of Spybuddy may be a legitimate software you choose to install.

have a look here

http://exploreanywhere.net/support/category.php?catId=4

Third question down.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com