ADD on for IE

CRoz

thanks YO Kenny, the prudent question being do you use the IE7 Pro Adblocker or the HOsts.mvps or both ?

Whats the optimally efficient way of using it and also does one need to set up the proxy in IE7 set to Hosts.mvps (if I've got that right coz I vaguely remember seeing a Proxy field in Properties / Preferences...

Do advise if using any would slow down the system....

I've noticed Hosts.mvps blocked a few ads and banners on some urls and not others - must be based on how those ads/banners are posted on a website ? something like a link or directly embeded ??? wouldn't really have a clue if someone could explain pls...

• Moderators
I've noticed Hosts.mvps blocked a few ads and banners on some urls and not others - must be based on how those ads/banners are posted on a website ? something like a link or directly embeded ??? wouldn't really have a clue if someone could explain pls...

You may be interested in this posts third paragraph here for the reason why, other than the site not being in the HOSTS file to block the ads.

You may be interested in this posts third paragraph here for the reason why, other than the site not being in the HOSTS file to block the ads.

Thanks Andavari, couldn't agree more with you when you say hostman downloads and stores the updated hosts files, but I suppose it only adds to the existent hosts.mvps list which in turn would work in tandem with IE7 Pro Adblocker thereby making the adblocker even more effective and It would take configuring both for best results .... well atleast thats what my take on it is. ...given the fact that I've only upgraded and begun using these 2 days back - whilst trying to configure my Netgear and Lan alongside .... indeed did get to a plateful for me and a bit confusing :)

always appreciate your comments

Regds

thanks YO Kenny, the prudent question being do you use the IE7 Pro Adblocker or the HOsts.mvps or both ?

I do not use Ad Blocker as it is a system resource waster that the HOSTS file does not have.

HOSTS files I use:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

http://hosts-file.net/?s=Download

Managed with HostsMan and I use its HostsServer proxy to speed up browsing:

http://www.abelhadigital.com

Whats the optimally efficient way of using it and also does one need to set up the proxy in IE7 set to Hosts.mvps (if I've got that right coz I vaguely remember seeing a Proxy field in Properties / Preferences...

Do advise if using any would slow down the system....

Some ads are from referrers like www.google-analytics.com and partner.googleadservices.com that HostsServer logging of referrers will keep in its log to show you what is blocked.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user