Temp Files

Tom AZ

What Folder are the *.tmp files residing in?

Glary Utilities Disk Cleaner cleans out those files plus several other Temporary files:

http://www.glaryutilities.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

What setting am I missing?

Maybe this?

t1264_20080719023951.png

Or are you signed on as Administrator when you are trying to actually clean USER #1 ?

Got to be something basic like that.

:) davey

Maybe this?

t1264_20080719023951.png

Or are you signed on as Administrator when you are trying to actually clean USER #1 ?

Got to be something basic like that.

:) davey

I will check these things.

However, back to my question . . . is everything in C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Temp safe to delete -- whether CCleaner does it or it's done manually?

However, back to my question . . . is everything in C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Temp safe to delete -- whether CCleaner does it or it's done manually?
Yes they are safe to delete.

There might be one or two that are in use by Windows and if you try to delete them then Windows will politely tell you you can't because they are in use.

Most installation programs use the Temp Folder to store un-compressed files for installation into their final resting place then if it is a good installation program it will clear the Temp folder but not all installation programs do this.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
I went there and noticed, that under "User variables for...", i have a 'Variable' named "PATH" with this path C:\Program Files\MKVtoolnix;C:\Program Files\smartmontools\bin. I just wonder what that means?

Something you've installed that is possibly ran via a Command Prompt. By putting itself in "the path" it can be used anywhere in Windows without specifically giving a full path name.