BitDefender

Corona

I tried both the online BitDefender scanner and the trial version about 1.5 years ago and uninstalled it soon afterward. You know I still have pieces of BD still within my system, I mainly see pieces of it when I run AutoRuns and ProcessExplorer. How tenacious is BitDefender anyway? It acts like it's native to XP or something. Maybe it was designed by QuickTime or Real or Music Matchbox?

I tried both the online BitDefender scanner and the trial version about 1.5 years ago and uninstalled it soon afterward. You know I still have pieces of BD still within my system, I mainly see pieces of it when I run AutoRuns and ProcessExplorer. How tenacious is BitDefender anyway? It acts like it's native to XP or something. Maybe it was designed by QuickTime or Real?

You still see pieces of Bitdefender in Process Explorer? Process Explorer shows you the running processes on your machine. If you removed Bitdefender you shouldn't have any of it's processes running.

For example, if I see "BDFsDrv File not found: C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdfsdrv.sys" is it safe to delete within Autoruns? I already have any files related to BD turned off (unchecked).

Okay, just read the above posts. Will try.

Hmmm, I tried that BitDefender uninstaller app but I still see the entries in Autoruns. I've had them "unchecked" in Autoruns. I guess I'll re-check them and run the uninstaller again.

And I'll ask again, if a file or driver in Autoruns is listed as "file not found", is it safe to delete?

Yeah you can delete those. The uninstall may not have gotten them since Autoruns moves unticked programs into a different registry key than when you use MSConfig.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AutorunsDisabled