CANNOT ACCESS MY COMPUTER ANYMORE

mikel

I used CCLEAN as told to do so by one of my kids and now I cannot open any of the disks.

Clicking my computer just does a reffresh.

NONE of the controls on the R-hand side of the Start menu works except RUN but it cannot help me open any files.

What to do? What to do?

I haven't cursed the software yet but if this isn't a bug it should be.

Any help appreciated.

I can be contacted at

So much for my first time experience using CCLean.

Mikel

Edited by Andavari
Email address removed by moderation

I used CCLEAN as told to do so by one of my kids and now I cannot open any of the disks.

Clicking my computer just does a reffresh.

NONE of the controls on the R-hand side of the Start menu works except RUN but it cannot help me open any files.

What to do? What to do?

I haven't cursed the software yet but if this isn't a bug it should be.

Any help appreciated.

email address removed by moderator Thank you for removing my oversight davey

So much for my first time experience using CCLean.

Mikel

Hi Mike,

Don't panic!!! There is loads of help here.

The first thing to do now is edit out your E-mail address.

Second thing is a reboot if you haven't done so since you installed.

Answer these questions if you still have problems.

The following info will help others to come up with a solution.

These answers help to evaluate the problem.Just fill in the answers next to or below the questions?

P.S. Skip these first two items for now.

1. Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

2.Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

Answer "Yes" if you do and please explain its contents or provide a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

CCleaner version ?

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Security software and ver?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

P.S. Did you do any Registry "fixes" ?

P.S. Did you use the Tools feature ?

P.S. Were you experiencing any problems or unusual system behavior prior to installing?

Best wishes,

:) davey

The CCleaner Guide is your first source of information.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/ CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com

Bookmark & save to Favorites

Thanks for taking your time to make a report.

Edited by davey

Davey remove his email from your quote.

Mikel, I suggest you run an Antivirus/Antispyware scan ASAP. (Safe mode may be required.)

CCleaner most likely did not do this, but it may have triggered some dormant malware somehow.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

Davey remove his email from your quote.

Mikel, I suggest you run an Antivirus/Antispyware scan ASAP. (Safe mode may be required.)

CCleaner most likely did not do this, but it may have triggered some dormant malware somehow.

I do this stuff for a living and I agree 100% with mushu13 (and Davey, not enough caffeine or just up too late? ;) ). Since this just came up in another post, I'm going to point you there for some instructions I gave on quick, easy, and effective scanning.

Malware Scanning

Good Luck!

Vic

VicLovan.com

http://www.viclovan.com/ccleaner2settings.htm

2.Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

Answer "Yes" if you do and please explain its contents or provide a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

How do you know if you are using winapp2.ini Davey? Its in the app folder but I can't see any settings in Options\Settings or Advanced. I would think it was used if any options are ticked in the Application tab. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

How do you know if you are using winapp2.ini Davey? Its in the app folder but I can't see any settings in Options\Settings or Advanced. I would think it was used if any options are ticked in the Application tab. ;)
If the winapp2.ini file is present in CCleaner's Folder and the application to be detected is present then an * will be before that application.

e.g.

*Avast Antivirus

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

If the winapp2.ini file is present in CCleaner's Folder and the application to be detected is present then an * will be before that application.

e.g.

*Avast Antivirus

Thanks Kenny but I don't have any * in front of my applications. So does that mean my winapp2.ini isn't used? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi Keith,

Using a winapp2.ini file is something that the user must do of his own volition.I am not sure if it takes effect for Win98SE users or not.

I am sure it would interest you as you can use VBS in it.

This link explains more and it links to the Beginners Guide for more in depth explanation. http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110

I put the winapp2.ini file in my C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder so I would get more cleaning.Of course it also refers to applications that I don't have but maybe will in the future.It doesn't hurt to have them there.

The first time that I used the winapp2.ini file it resulted in cleaning out files and folders that I didn't even realize were there.These were from applications that are no longer on my PC.

That is why I told the OP to ignore the first two items.I didn't want to confuse them anymore than they already are.

The other answers are more important at this time.

Good luck,

:) davey