Auto registry clean?

RDolce

Hey everyone,

I wrote up a script to add CCleaner with the /auto parameter to the task scheduler.

The script adds the cleaner to the scheduler and CCleaner runs silently.

But just to test it, I decided to run another CCleaner scan right after the silent scan.

I found that it scanned and cleaned the "Cleaner" section with all the temporary files and everything, but left the registry section untouched.

Is there a command line parameter or some other way to have CCleaner clean up the registry section too?

Thanks

I would also strongly support an automatic registry clean switch ... I too run CCleaner automatically every night using Task Scheduler. Keeps my PC in good shape!

Unfortunately, I still need to do the CCleaner registry cleaning manually.. WHY?

Piriform, please add this switch!

Em

i use CCleaner weekly

I would also strongly support an automatic registry clean switch ... I too run CCleaner automatically every night using Task Scheduler. Keeps my PC in good shape!

Unfortunately, I still need to do the CCleaner registry cleaning manually.. WHY?

Piriform, please add this switch!

Em

If they ever decide to do any such thing they will have to change the use agreement like Yahoo Tool Bar.

"Don't use this software in Nuclear energy sites or any life preserving sites etc., etc.,etc."

I think the user must be present to see the damages etc. that have been possibly caused.

Of course they could make the CCleaner 20 times bigger and slower to automatically back up and restore everything if it can determine that something has gone wrong.It could also be modified to call the necessary authorities to clean-up any possible disastrous results of incorporating such foolish requests.

:) davey

• Moderators

Although auto registry cleaning is not possible, if it were there'd have to be an automated backup system to undo any changes.

There's other commercial cleaners floating about that do automatically cleanse the registry which are also more aggressive than CCleaner's registry cleaner, however I don't trust them one bit and want to know exactly what's going to be removed which the current CCleaner design allows for.

Aren't the (optional) "Save Registry" and "Fix all Registry Issues" already standard CCleaner functions? ... so all I am "foolishly" asking for is the small additional step that CCleaner can be set to "Fix all Registry Issues" by default and then run automatically..

Of course, anyone doing their first scans with CCleaner should carefully look at BOTH the files and the registry keys that CCleaner suggests for deletion ... However, I have been running CCleaner daily for over a year and "foolishly" click "Fix all Registry Issues" every day ... so I would be quite comfortable with the proposed auto-registry-clean feature.

Em

@Andavari: I don't think the posts in this thread are suggesting CCleaner be more aggressive or that the current CCleaner default functionality be changed - all that RDolce asked for is an "auto-registry-clean" command-line switch for advanced users...

i use CCleaner weekly

• Moderators
@Andavari: I don't think the posts in this thread are suggesting CCleaner be more aggressive or that the current CCleaner default functionality be changed - all that RDolce asked for is an "auto-registry-clean" command-line switch for advanced users...

I understand. However the backup system would have to be changed I'd think, to make automatic .reg backups of removed issues. I don't necessarily think it be as easy as adding in another command line switch/parameter.

However it's been a suggested feature before by a few others to have automated registry cleaning.