Problem With Safari Cookies

This may not be a bug as I may not have the proper preferences set, but I am unable to select which Safari cookies to keep and which to delete as I can with IE7.

A show cookies in Safari's Security tab will show indiviual cookies, yet running Analyze in CCleaner does not. CCleaner lists only *.plist files for cookies, history, downloads, etc. Is this why I don't have the option to keep individual cookies when I go to the Options-Cookies tab in CCleaner? There are no cookies listed at all in the left pane.

Using CCleaner Version 2.08.588 In Applications I have all blocks ticked for Safari except Saved Form Information

Using Safari Version 3.1.1 (525.17) Set to only accepts cookies from sites I navigate to and I have not cleaned cache

Its my understanding that CCleaner has been coded for Safari without the need for custom excludes or ini files. Is this correct?

• 2 years later...

This may not be a bug as I may not have the proper preferences set, but I am unable to select which Safari cookies to keep and which to delete as I can with IE7.

A show cookies in Safari's Security tab will show indiviual cookies, yet running Analyze in CCleaner does not. CCleaner lists only *.plist files for cookies, history, downloads, etc. Is this why I don't have the option to keep individual cookies when I go to the Options-Cookies tab in CCleaner? There are no cookies listed at all in the left pane.

Using CCleaner Version 2.08.588 In Applications I have all blocks ticked for Safari except Saved Form Information

Using Safari Version 3.1.1 (525.17) Set to only accepts cookies from sites I navigate to and I have not cleaned cache

Its my understanding that CCleaner has been coded for Safari without the need for custom excludes or ini files. Is this correct?

sorry for the cross post - but in the interest of getting at least some other user (and hopefully dev) attention to what appears to be a prominent (though likely low demographic) bug, here is what i wrote on this now thrice reported and unresponded to (or anywhere else acknowledged) complaint:

reviving an old thread, i presume many like myself have just accepted that ccleaner's cookie "keep" exclusions (unlike with other browsers) do not work with Safari - that all of safari's cookies are removed regardless of whether they have been put into the ccleaner "keep" exclusions list

but rather than just accept that, i thought, why not ask about it and alert the devs to this

so a question for anyone is, for those of you who use safari and ccleaner and have cookie exclusions set up (likely a small demographic), can any of you report that your "keep" exclusion for safari cookies works with ccleaner?

i suspect not, which points to a clear ccleaner bug, as i am sure the devs intended for (and have presumed that) safari cookie exclusions to be honored

thanks

• Moderators

If you know you are wrong in cross posting don't cross post.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

If you know you are wrong in cross posting don't cross post.

sorry, but is a one time cross-posting worse than a lack of suffient alert to an obvious ccleaner bug (in fact, one that has apparently been previously reported but still never addressed)?

i would have thought that piriform devs would very much appreciate being alerted to bugs

anyway, thanks for the great products and the quick response :)

• Moderators

sorry, but is a one time cross-posting worse than a lack of suffient alert to an obvious ccleaner bug (in fact, one that has apparently been previously reported but still never addressed)?

i would have thought that piriform devs would very much appreciate being alerted to bugs

anyway, thanks for the great products and the quick response :)

I answered in the first thread :)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

It is insane to expect the devs of ANY product to be interested in attending to a bug in software that has since been through 30 updates and a major new release.

Alan

It is insane to expect the devs of ANY product to be interested in attending to a bug in software that has since been through 30 updates and a major new release.

Alan

i would think that would be a MAJOR reason that any dev would WANT to attend to it - that the "bug" has persisted through all of that development (perhaps sneaking by them)

...in any case, as Nergal has suggested, it may not be so much a bug as a functional limitation

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17351

though there does seem to be some cause for optimism for having this functionality in future ccleaner releases, since it appears that whitelisting safari cookies has been made to work in other programs

cheers

i would think that would be a MAJOR reason that any dev would WANT to attend to it - that the "bug" has persisted through all of that development (perhaps sneaking by them)

I totally disagree on the grounds that you give no evidence that this bug has persisted.

It probably existed 2 years ago, and it may have been resolved.

What is giving you trouble now is quite possibly due to Apple finding a new way of trashing Windows computers.

Apple lost the marketing war to Microsoft, so now they use guerrilla techniques ! ! !

I will never forgive Apple for stealing 90% of my processor cycles with their bonjour service that infected their iTunes software which my daughter downloaded for her iPod. They launched bonjour without permission when the computer starts, even though I have never used iTunes in my profile. (I quickly fixed bonjour.)

You are wasting time by asking Piriform to fix a problem between their ancient software and Apple guerrilla code.

It is unreasonable to expect that to improve any problem you may have with the latest Apple guerrilla code.

I have no problem with you starting a topic about a current problem with current software,

but banging the drum in an ancient topic about ancient software is not relevant.

Alan

I totally disagree on the grounds that you give no evidence that this bug has persisted.

It probably existed 2 years ago, and it may have been resolved.

What is giving you trouble now is quite possibly due to Apple finding a new way of trashing Windows computers.

Apple lost the marketing war to Microsoft, so now they use guerrilla techniques ! ! !

I will never forgive Apple for stealing 90% of my processor cycles with their bonjour service that infected their iTunes software which my daughter downloaded for her iPod. They launched bonjour without permission when the computer starts, even though I have never used iTunes in my profile. (I quickly fixed bonjour.)

You are wasting time by asking Piriform to fix a problem between their ancient software and Apple guerrilla code.

It is unreasonable to expect that to improve any problem you may have with the latest Apple guerrilla code.

I have no problem with you starting a topic about a current problem with current software,

but banging the drum in an ancient topic about ancient software is not relevant.

Alan

the most recent version of ccleaner absolutely still has this problem (non-whitelisting "keep" of safari cookies) for me - and it easy enough for anyone else to test (and i started my comment with an invitation for others to report their experience - idle speculation would seem to be an unnecessary waste of time

it has been suggested by the mod here that this may be a problem inherent with .plist files, but several possibly contrary examples to this suggestion have been offered

i don't think that your errant speculation and OS rants are offering any further insight

in any case, having clearly described the "problem" and also having offered possible examples of current software which does not have this problem (suggesting that it may in fact be fixable), at this point it is up to the piriform developers to determine whether this is something that they feel is worth considering any further

• Moderators

Cease Arguing

Topic Closed