Firefox v3RC1

FF 3RC1 has a feature that allows you to start typing in the address bar and it will bring up past visited sites. I just noticed that CC v2.06.567 does not clear this list.

This is the first version to support a beta browser that I know of. You need to get the latest version here. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if the search as you type will be cleared, but my hunch is if it isn't on this version, it will be by the time FF3 comes out.

Good Luck!

Vic

VicLovan.com

http://www.viclovan.com/ccleaner2settings.htm

• 4 weeks later...
:( Been there, done that. Still doesn't clean history from address window

Remember that the "awesome bar" searches history AND bookmarks. CC v 2.08.588 clears the history portion just fine. I do not want CC to either clear my bookmarks or prevent them from showing up in the location bar. In other words, this version of CC is working just fine for me. BTW, I am using the released version of FF.

If you have problems with the way CC "cleans," use ctrl+shift+del to "clean" your private data.

Remember that the "awesome bar" searches history AND bookmarks. CC v 2.08.588 clears the history portion just fine. I do not want CC to either clear my bookmarks or prevent them from showing up in the location bar. In other words, this version of CC is working just fine for me. BTW, I am using the released version of FF.

If you have problems with the way CC "cleans," use ctrl+shift+del to "clean" your private data.

use ctrl+shift+del, Where/when?

Thanks

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. This "solution" has nothing to do with CC ->When in FF, use ctrl+shift+del to "clear private data." If you want to do this each time that you close your browser, enable it in: Tools>Options>Privacy Tab> "Always clear..." These will work with FF2 also since you've already switched back.

EDIT - You may want to try the latest version of CC and see if it works the way that you want it to; as I mentioned, CC v 2.08.588 works fine for me and there is a newer version out.

Good luck!