Still having problems with forum

DennisD

• Moderators

After googling around, I've come across forum after forum where this same error message raises it's head, and the same answer pops up, that it's something to do with the message board server.

No need for a link. Just google "IPS Driver Error".

• Moderators

The DNS cache thing I already do, but the LSP Fix is a new one on me.

Cheers Humpty, I'll try that tomorrow. Or later today. It's 10 to 2 in the morning here, so I'm signing off.

• Moderators
The DNS cache thing I already do, but the LSP Fix is a new one on me.

I doubt that it's an LSP problem. And if you use LSP Fix make sure you have a Restore Point to undo any changes - albeit if it doesn't detect any problems there won't be anything to fix.

I've been having problems with the forum too, and have for several years now. At this point I think it's an Invision Power Board/IPS problem or bug that's been unresolved for years.

• Moderators
I got that error message earlier today for a few minutes than everything was fine again.

I'm pleased you did as well, and I mean that in a nice way of course. There's something not right with the way I'm constantly hanging, and then "jerking" from one page to the next.

I doubt that it's an LSP problem. And if you use LSP Fix make sure you have a Restore Point to undo any changes - albeit if it doesn't detect any problems there won't be anything to fix.

I've been having problems with the forum too, and have for several years now. At this point I think it's an Invision Power Board/IPS problem or bug that's been unresolved for years.

The LSP Fix didn't find any problems, so there was nothing to fix. The googling I did kept coming up with the Invision Server as being the probable cause.

I hope the problem can be tracked down, because it's becoming a real pain.

Its working fine here in Canada on this fine Spring morning.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Haven't been on much in the past few days, but I have not noticed any problems. I've never really had a problem with this board.

The slowdown/stalling I've only ever had on forums using Invision Power Board/IPS, other forum softwares have to my knowledge never caused a problem for me. The sad thing is the forum software is one of the easiest to use, and although others work fine they just don't seem as user friendly.