Multi-pass registry fix

Hi,

I noticed that the "fix registry" tool in CCleaner has to be run for at least 2-3 times to correct all problems!!! This is because when some items in the registry are removed, other errors appear, so you need a second pass (and sometimes a third pass). :unsure:

I think you should automate this process, by running the tool for more than one time until no problems are found. ;)

Yes, this does happen, but I wouldn't want to automate any cleaning actions when dealing with the registry.

OK, you're right, but you could add an option (initially disabled) named, for example, "Enable multi-pass registry cleaning", in a way to leave the choice to enable it to the (expert) user. ;)

I think I would use it, because I've used "manual" multipass" for many years and it never generated problems of any sort. ;)

I think this would be a good suggestion if it ran as follows:

1. You click to run registry scanner. If it finds problems, it prompts you to deal with them.

2. Once it has dealt with the issues you have asked it to, then it automatically scans again, prompts for action - not automatically taking action.

This repeats until no issues are found, remembering any errors you have decided not to take action on.

elyoh

I think I would use it, because I've used "manual" multipass" for many years and it never generated problems of any sort. ;)

I have found CCleaner to be very safe to use but I agree with Augeas about automated cleaning.

Just because CCleaner has never generated any problems for you, doesn't mean the next version won't.