BurnAware Home Edition

Tom AZ

• Moderators

Thanks Tom, I've installed that with no problems.

As a free app which doesn't take up a lot of space, it was definitely worth installing to try out in my own time.

I've read (and confirmed with a peek in its folder), that it uses the "starburn.dll" by Rocket Division, apparently one of the most expensive burning suites on the planet. Whether it's the same .dll as in its illustrious relative, I've no idea, but it's got to be worth a try.

• Moderators
I've read (and confirmed with a peek in its folder), that it uses the "starburn.dll" by Rocket Division, apparently one of the most expensive burning suites on the planet. Whether it's the same .dll as in its illustrious relative, I've no idea, but it's got to be worth a try.

StarBurn also has a free version which I tried out last year and wasn't too impressed with it. Giveaway of the Day not all that long ago gave away the commercial version of StarBurn and if my memory serves correctly there was some reported problem with it. In my opinion the commercial version is very expensive but it still doesn't hold a candle to freeware like ImgBurn.

When you download this from Download Of The Day do you get a key or something to activate the full version or is the installer all you need? I don't really want to install it right now but If all I need is the installer I will save for later.

Grabbed it, thanks for the link Tom AZ. :)

Anthony, from the readme:

Installation

Unzip the package you`ve downloaded and run the activation program

Activate.exe which is included in the package, then run Setup.exe to

install the software.

You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during

the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

1) No free technical support

2) No free upgrades to future versions

3) Strictly non-commercial usage

• Moderators
Thanks. I hoped it would be a key or something that I could keep and use later.

You have to install it on the day they have it listed before the time runs out or else you're out of luck because their Activate.exe is time-limited.

You have to install it on the day they have it listed before the time runs out or else you're out of luck because their Activate.exe is time-limited.

Yeah I passed. I like Ashampoo and Burrrn so will stick with them.

I also don't like apps that have this time limited thing and some of them shut off after a set time etc. What are these things doing in the registry to be able to do these types of things. I don't want garbage like that. I prefer the commercial apps they give away and all you need is a key that they provide to unlock it.

• Moderators
I also don't like apps that have this time limited thing and some of them shut off after a set time etc. What are these things doing in the registry to be able to do these types of things. I don't want garbage like that. I prefer the commercial apps they give away and all you need is a key that they provide to unlock it.

Most of the Giveaway of the Day software itself isn't time-limited unless it's some Pro version of some Antivirus software and all of the commercial ones typically only come with one year of usage. It's just the Activate.exe file that is time-limited.

All those products are doing is merging the registration data into the registry which a software install watcher like Total Uninstall and ZSoft Uninstaller will confirm. They aren't doing anything dubious whatsoever.

Anyways you missed out on a rather good and elegant burning software. :P