Need good coverter program

CTskifreak

I have Videora to convert to my iPod, but I want a program that can take a .vob file that I get from DVD Decrypter and make it into a WMV or different file. I also want an .mp4 to WMV converter. I googled, but came up with a lot of shareware, or other programs that would leave a watermark or would only convert the first five minutes unless I registered.

I downloaded the Divx Pro offer, but the trial expired for the mpeg-2 part of the converter, so that won't work.

Thanks

AJ

Everything I find is either trial or shareware, and won't let you go beyond 5 minutes, or it will put a watermark, and they want you to buy the full version.

First, I want a DVD (.vob) to WMV converter, and then edit it with Windows Movie Maker. I also need a iPod (Mp4) to WMV converter. I have found programs that do this, but I must be looking past the obvious.

I use DVD Decrypter to grab a movie onto my harddrive, and used Videora for my iPod, but I need something to edit movies in WMV, and then be able to upload to Youtube. Right now, I have a 12 minute movie, and it is 2 minutes too long.

Thanks

AJ

You're absolutely right Stroby. On both counts. A good program, and that site has you dizzy finding your way to the download.

Super seems to be one of the most popular free converters but my preference is Mediacoder because of the easy navigation of the website and its opensource platform.

However, you might want to try Virtualdub and Avidemux (see www.videohelp.com for more info. Look at the tools section). Avidemux is an all-in-one container, meaning that it contains all the codecs you will need. It's similar to Mediacoder in that regard and unlike Virtualdub which requires you to have the codecs pre-installed.

The absolute easiest program is Winff. It's up to version 4 and I find it excellent for simple conversions. The new version now has drag and drop capability.

Previously found at www.biggmatt.com, it now has its own site:

http://www.winff.org/