I've always had MS Messenger disabled, however, I

slowday444

There's Messenger (a service), Windows Messenger (which is in your screenshot), and Msn Messenger (downloadable).

Unchecking it from Add/Remove programs doesn't do much of anything, sadly.

You can also do Start > Run... > RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Considering that it is listed in the add/remove section in control panel, then I personally can't see any problems removing it, I'm pretty sure I removed it from my computer years ago, only to get it reinstalled by the kids.

Unless you are struggling for space on your hard drive is there any real need to remove it anyway, it is not doing any harm.

Adaware contains a downloadable plug-in that will stop Windows Messenger from running when it is not desired.

Considering that it is listed in tha add/remove section in control panel, then I personally can't see any problems removing it, I'm pretty sure I removed it from my computer years ago, only to get it reinstalled by the kids.

Unless you are struggling for space on your hard drive is there any real need to remove it anyway, it is not doing any harm.

All it does there is Add/Remove access to it via the Start Menu.

I liked yours better, CaPMan: "realplayer has been set up as the program to open that type of file" is better than "leeched itself onto them" -- sorry tarun :PPP

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

So do I need all those things or not?  I already went back into the folder and deleted windows messenger (which, kind of like Tarun said, I thought I'd uninstalled nine months ago).

Start > Run... > RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Then there should only be lvback in there. You can delete the folder afterwards.