deleted but not deleted?!?! please help!

JzMon

I'm going crazy trying to keep my computer free of any problems! I do everything I could possibly think of... virus protection, adware protection, etc. When I see problems with CCleaner, it worries the crap out of me. I've done plenty of virus scans (with avast home) and found nothing. The problem is,

When I click "analyze" on the cleaner, it shows nothing (after just doing a cleaning, so thats good.) Then I'll click "run cleaner" for the second time, and it keeps saying "IE Temporary Internet Files (1 files)."

Why does it do this?? I have EVERYTHING closed; tried doing this after reboots, after virus scans-based on reboots. I hope the problem is something simple. Could anyone please help me out?

EDIT - Just wanted to add I've done registry cleaning several times as well and it doesn't help the problem (registry shows 0 problems after cleaning.)

Some of my comp specs.

Mainboard : MSI K9N4 SLI-F (MS-7325)

Chipset : nVidia nForce4

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ @ 2100 MHz

Physical Memory : 2048 MB (1 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 8500 GT

Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H

Monitor Type : LG Electronics L196WTQ - 19 inches

Network Card : VT82C570 MV IDE Controller VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Controller

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2007)

I'm going crazy trying to keep my computer free of any problems! I do everything I could possibly think of... virus protection, adware protection, etc. When I see problems with CCleaner, it worries the crap out of me. I've done plenty of virus scans (with avast home) and found nothing. The problem is,

When I click "analyze" on the cleaner, it shows nothing (after just doing a cleaning, so thats good.) Then I'll click "run cleaner" for the second time, and it keeps saying "IE Temporary Internet Files (1 files)."

Have you got the box for "Only delete temp files older than 48 hours" ticked in Options>Advanced?

• Moderators
I'm going crazy...

You're going crazy? That's nothing, just imagine how infuriating it is to find this stuff in the hardware forum! Please, tin is hard, CC is software.........