Problems with deleting pwds

Hi guys,

I downloaded the latest version of CCleaner and now, everytime i clean up the system, it cleans all the passwords i inserted in forums or sites... it's really boring to re-insert them everytime, and with the previous versions i didn't have any sourt of problem, just de-selecting the last "internet explorer" voice: "cronologia autocompletamento" (i don't know how to translate it from italian to english, sorry...), it let my passwords where they were... I didn't make any change 'till now, so it's very strange.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Niccol?

Hi niccociaopiaggio,

What was the last version of CCleaner that you used?

To avoid a known "bug" please Check the boxes at Options > Advanced to show detailed log for IE

and also the box for Firefox/Mozilla detail log.

Also check the box to Save all settings to .ini file.This may make a difference depending on the last version of CCleaner that you used.

Also a similar problem may be corrected by de-selecting Adobe Flash Player in Applications tab under Multimedia.

Please provide information as regards OS and version,Browsers,security software etc.

Try those settings and let us know what happens.

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S.If you use Firefox,the current CCleaner v 2.04 is now successfully deleting Firefox cookies for users with special characters in the users name.You may now have to make sure that certain cookies be saved.

Edited by davey

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the reply!

I did every thing you said, (deselected Adobe in applications ---> Multimedia, selected "show detailed log" with IE and even Firefox, even if I don't use it...) , but it continues to delete my poor passwords!!! :angry:

I use only IE and Win xp SP2 and the version of CCleaner is v2.04.543, antivirus Avast free

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the reply!

I did every thing you said, (deselected Adobe in applications ---> Multimedia, selected "show detailed log" with IE and even Firefox, even if I don't use it...) , but it continues to delete my poor passwords!!! :angry:

I use only IE and Win xp SP2 and the version of CCleaner is v2.04.543, antivirus Avast free

Hi,

From your first post I take it that you deselected Autocomplete Form History.Yes,OK.

Are we talking about IE passwords or maybe passwords stored in cookies?

What are your AutoComplete Settings in Internet Options > Content > Settings?

Are you saving cookies to keep at Options > Cookies in CCleaner?

What happens to these passwords if you uncheck Cookies under Internet Explorer in Cleaner options?

Do the passwords still get deleted?

Also what version of CCleaner were you using prior to this problem?

Hello niccociaopiaggio,

Yes,a picture is worth a thousand words.

I must use snapshots more often myself.

I think all your paswords did get deleted at some point.

Since you don't have the option checked to " Prompt me to save passwords" in

your AutoComplete Settings in Internet Options > Content > Settings

your passwords are not being saved.

I have always kept that option checked.

Try checking that option and see what happens.

Best Wishes,

Thanks Hazel,

Another way, I have no problems if I click on the upper black portion of "snapshot".

I can get right through to Image Shack image but not if I click on the "snapshot" image itself at Piriform.

P.S. I see you have the original Post #5 image back now.