IE8 Fugly

Anthony A

• Moderators

Hmm... I'm not sure how I feel about this. First the buttons are too big but this thing is probably only alpha if that.

I do like the ribbon in office but I dont know how well it would work in a browser. On the plus side you would always be able to see the page, on the minus it does take up more screen real estate which is something I care about in a browser more than most applications. Its an interesting idea that could be pretty cool.

I do however think those pics are fake anyway.

Hmm... I'm not sure how I feel about this. First the buttons are too big but this thing is probably only alpha if that.

I do like the ribbon in office but I dont know how well it would work in a browser. On the plus side you would always be able to see the page, on the minus it does take up more screen real estate which is something I care about in a browser more than most applications. Its an interesting idea that could be pretty cool.

I do however think those pics are fake anyway.

I hope they are fake or the final version is drastically different. If it is real I will definitely not be updating.

I believe that the screenshots are clearly edited from Office 2007 and are obviously fakes, Furthermore the first public beta should be out by first half of calendar 2008 says Dean Hachamovitch General Manager of IE.

Link

Lets hope they are fakes. I don't like the GUI at all. It seems strange that an IE8 is comming so soon when you consider how long IE7 was in the making.

i belive the only reason if IE8 is coming out soon, is to try and keep up wth Firefox.

i belive the only reason if IE8 is coming out soon, is to try and keep up wth Firefox.

I hope MS gets serious this time and makes a browser worth having. IE7 was a disappointing joke when you consider how long it took for MS to release it and all the time they had to see what Opera, Firefox and Maxthon had to offer. IE7 was outdated even before it was released.

MS was one of the first software houses with a proper usability lab. In fact I can perform my usual functions on Vista x64 IE7 in less mouse clicks than gran paradiso.

Actually I think that MS's biggest problem these days is its turned into a company as large as IBM (MS used to be the underdog)- theres too many players on the road to escrow for releases. Is that worse than gran paradiso going to beta with hundreds of bugs? Who's to say I guess.