This is what I am getting for Christmas.

DennisD

• Moderators

Off into town tomorrow to try out this MP3 Player.

Sony NWZA818. Scroll up the screen.

No more Atrac or Sonic software. Comes with WMP 11, and a very good set of 'phones.

CNET video review. Second item next to the screen.

I'm not an iPod fan, and this is the first player I've gotten excited about. If I like it, the family are buying it for me.

Off into town tomorrow to try out this MP3 Player.

Sony NWZA818. Scroll up the screen.

No more Atrac or Sonic software. Comes with WMP 11, and a very good set of 'phones.

CNET video review. Second item next to the screen.

I'm not an iPod fan, and this is the first player I've gotten excited about. If I like it, the family are buying it for me.

it looks nice and slim. What colour are you after? If it's black, then have a look at amazon as it's marked down to ?99.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZA818-Video...4661&sr=1-1

• Moderators

Stunning. Absolutely amazing picture (video) and sound quality. Looks good, feels good. Very slick to operate, and the matt black finish doesn't show fingerprints the way the black iPod nano did.

What's even more amazing is that my local dealer, "Curry's Digital" in Sunderland, is doing the 8Gb version for ?99.99, the same price as Robbie found online.

That price may change a week today, so if anyones interested, much better buying from a shop with good after sales service, and local, than buying on line.

Thanks for that tip Robbie. Made me check the price in all my local dealers.

Sony Centre have it priced at ?129.99.

that is a good player indeed. though if i had the money i want the Cowon A3 for Christmas(though i have an D2 but still...).

Cowon A3 (really great for travel i'd say).

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
Stunning. Absolutely amazing picture (video) and sound quality. Looks good, feels good. Very slick to operate, and the matt black finish doesn't show fingerprints the way the black iPod nano did.

I'm glad you're excited. And you didn't even have to wait for Christmas day to use it!

• Moderators
that is a good player indeed. though if i had the money i want the Cowon A3 for Christmas(though i have an D2 but still...).

Cowon A3 (really great for travel i'd say).

The Cowons are nice machines, although I don't have any dealers (that I'm aware of), anywhere near me, and I don't buy off the web or mail order.

Beside that, I don't want a radio, or a voice recorder, and I'm not really bothered about the video side, although it's there if I need it.

Just top quality sound which the Sony delivers. But thanks for the info. It was interesting reading about them as I'd never heard of them, and I hope you get your A3.

I'm glad you're excited. And you didn't even have to wait for Christmas day to use it!

Only tried it in the Sony Centre, and then my daughter bought it next day and sent it to the North Pole, or wherever the dude in the red suit lives. :)

What's even more amazing is that my local dealer, "Curry's Digital" in Sunderland, is doing the 8Gb version for ?99.99, the same price as Robbie found online.

That price may change a week today, so if anyones interested, much better buying from a shop with good after sales service, and local, than buying on line.

Thanks for that tip Robbie. Made me check the price in all my local dealers.

Sony Centre have it priced at ?129.99.

Glad to hear you got it for the same low price! I'm in Sunderland tomorrow, I'm getting there for 9am to do some Christmas shopping and so I can get back home before the crowds build up - I hate shopping when everywhere is packed...

The Cowons are nice machines, although I don't have any dealers (that I'm aware of), anywhere near me, and I don't buy off the web or mail order.

Beside that, I don't want a radio, or a voice recorder, and I'm not really bothered about the video side, although it's there if I need it.

Just top quality sound which the Sony delivers. But thanks for the info. It was interesting reading about them as I'd never heard of them, and I hope you get your A3.

thx, i looked into Cowon about 2 years back and man they are great players. plus, they add new features and fix many problems with Firmware updates. i recommend checking into them man. they are the best out of anyone in my opinion.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
Glad to hear you got it for the same low price! I'm in Sunderland tomorrow, I'm getting there for 9am to do some Christmas shopping and so I can get back home before the crowds build up - I hate shopping when everywhere is packed...

Hey Robbie, I'm not a fan of shopping in Sunderland at all. Two bus loads and that's the centre packed. :lol:

Much, much prefer to shop in Newcastle. You can walk around Newcastle all day and never touch the same street twice. Fantastic city.

Edit: How did it go?