Registry Cleaners/Defraggers - Your Thoughts

Ultimate Predator

defraggers, breaking systems? never in my life have I seen that happen

all defragmenting does, is fix fragmented files.. it's not dangerous at all

and yes, I would say using registry cleaners is a little more for 'advanced' users.. since cleaning out the wrong registry entries can ruin your computer. you should always be reading through the scanned registries and make sure they aren't needed by your system before deleting

though, most registry cleaners these days enable you to back up your registry before fixing anything..

so it's really not a problem

defraggers, breaking systems? never in my life have I seen that happen

all defragmenting does, is fix fragmented files.. it's not dangerous at all

and yes, I would say using registry cleaners is a little more for 'advanced' users.. since cleaning out the wrong registry entries can ruin your computer. you should always be reading through the scanned registries and make sure they aren't needed by your system before deleting

though, most registry cleaners these days enable you to back up your registry before fixing anything..

so it's really not a problem

No CCleaners registry cleaner, lol.

Yes, you have to be careful when using registry cleaners. They might cause a lot of troubles, if you delete wrong entries. But, cleaning a registry that got plenty of "errors", can give a major performance boost.

Oh yes, as a last resort, I have seen it fix systems. But thats rare form what I have seen.

I use registry cleaners, mostly after a reinstall because I delete files according to Bold Fortune's Slimming Down Windows Guide so lots of remnants exist and registry cleaning can fix a lot of problems while shrinking the registry size so the computer boots and runs faster. In my case, speed boosts are generous. I avoid very aggressive registry cleaners after the initial registry clean, sticking with CCleaner, regclean, and glarysoft registry repair.

With defragmenters, I don't notice that big of a difference before and after running defragmenters, with the exception of a few apps running faster after JKDefrag's sorting.

Then, I run them purely to feel "clean," if you know what I mean.