Internet Explorer problem

CrystalUk

Hello from a first time user of CCleaner. I've just run this and am now investigating the benefits or otherwise that I'm going to find and have discovered a problem.

When using Internet Explorer I often right click on a link and choose "Open in New Window", useful for when I want to keep the original page and view the new link separately. I have just tried this and now just get a bleep, no window opens. It would seem that CCleaner has changed a setting, but what? please can somebody tell me where to change this back.

Thanks

Such a stupid thing to do, fancy bundling a Yahoo toolbar with the programme! Not even a warning that this will be downloaded. Automatic pop up blockers causing no end of problems!!

Well so much for this progamme being recommended to me, I'm about to uninstall it and won't ever be recommending it to anybody.

• Moderators

Hello Crystal,

Every user is offered the choice at install NOT to install the yahoo toolbar. It's very easy at install of a software just to click next...next.

Consider reinstalling and observing the setup choices.

I take it you know how to uninstall the toolbar?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

NO there was no option not to install it when I installed CCleaner. Thank you I have already uninstalled the Tool bar and CCleaner, I don't like to be duped that way, so I will not use the programme.

You better get used to uninstalling alot in future then as more and more programs are budling Yahoo or Google toolbars, you just have to pay attention when installing stuff and untick the relevant box. Just because you didn't notice the option doesn't mean it wasn't there.

you just have to pay attention when installing stuff and untick the relevant box.

I'm not as thick as you seem to think - if there had been a relevant box to untick I would have done so, there was NO box.

As observant as I am, I notice that there is a check box to Enable Notification of Replies. I will uncheck this and not be bothered by any more replies, so don't waste your time with any further snide remarks.

'As observant as I am, I notice that there is a check box to Enable Notification of Replies. I will uncheck this and not be bothered by any more replies, so don't waste your time with any further snide remarks."

Hehe....while the check box is there, it isn't as explicit as this user would like it to be! Sheesh...at least its a Yahoo toolbar. I would understand

the posters frustration if it was actually spyware.

I'm not as thick as you seem to think - if there had been a relevant box to untick I would have done so, there was NO box

I don't think, and never said, you were thick. If there genuinely was no box then you downloaded it from somewhere suspicious that is modifying the CCleaner installer as NO genuine CCleaner installers install the toolbar without notification. If that is the case then you need to let us know so the developers can take the relevant action.