more info

sonic99

could you please supply more info , do not fully understand the advanced features,.........more detail

Vista home premium\toshiba laptop L300-1BV\ 2GB RAM \ 32 BIT

could you please supply more info , do not fully understand the advanced features,.........more detail

yea have done just wondering if there was any more information about the advanced features

Vista home premium\toshiba laptop L300-1BV\ 2GB RAM \ 32 BIT

Hmm, I have one. and no sense making another thread for it I suppose.

I've removed a hard drive from a never cleaned, virus ridden, and likely adware filled machine and would like to cclean it, yet I cannot for the life of me find the choose drive command so I can target it's windows and temp folders not my own.

Or is it even a feature? Cause it oughta' be.

I have no desire to hook this drive to my computer in any fashion other than a USB portable hard drive.

If there be an answer to that, I shall indeed be happy.

Thank you for your time,

Herr Schmidt.

• Moderators

If the OS of the malware ridden computer is like Windows 95 or 98, or with FAT partitions you can use a DOS virus scanner to clean it. Many antivirus companies still make a bootable DOS antivirus that will scan for malware and remove it in DOS mode.

Oh no no, good sir, you misunderstand me. Allow me to clarify.

This drive is a Windows XP that has never been cleaned. I was hoping that plugging it in via usb (in a portable external drive case) I could clean off whatever viruses and what have you that were on it. Thus done that, I was hoping I could use CCleaner to scrub the temp files without having to manually dig in each and every folder to delete stuff.

In a sense I ask; is it possible to point CCleaner to a drive different than your own and have it clean it's temp files and folders et al?

Sorry to have caused confusion and disarray.

With regards,

Herr Schmidt

Oh sirs, I have done that already. Those are already removed, I was merely wondering if there was a way to direct CCleaner, not at my hard drive but at the now cleaned of viruses and malware hard drive.

So, can I direct CCleaner to a different hard drive, and have it treat it as if were the windows drive?

Please forget everything to do with viruses and malware, that has been taken care of. As it stands I can either take this drive back to the owner's machine, and then install CCleaner to clean the machine of the accumulated detris that only machine never cleaned can have, or, if it is possible, to run CCleaner on my machine and direct it to the drive to clean. I sincerely hope it is possible as the machine in question is over an hour away by car. I merely took the hard drive to scrub, defragment, and possibly to cclean.

I must apologize, while my English is better spoken, my sentence structure may be off, causing the confusion. I shall hope to improve in the months to come.

Thank you for your time,

Herr Schmidt