Missing Russian lake.

gunner

Top News

U.S. reopens WTO case over Airbus support

France braced for new prime minister, policy shift

Bush says U.S. more secure, honors war dead

MORE

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian village was left baffled on Thursday after its lake disappeared overnight.

NTV television showed pictures of a giant muddy hole bathed in summer sun, while fishermen from the village of Bolotnikovo looked on disconsolately.

"It is very dangerous. If a person had been in this disaster, he would have had almost no chance of survival. The trees flew downwards, under the ground," said Dmitry Zaitsev, a local Emergencies Ministry official interviewed by the channel.

Officials in Nizhegorodskaya region, on the Volga river east of Moscow, said water in the lake might have been sucked down into an underground water-course or cave system, but some villagers had more sinister explanations.

"I am thinking, well, America has finally got to us," said one old woman, as she sat on the ground outside her house.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

:lol:

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

Hehe, yeh maybe. ;)

But lets hope not...

I wouldn't worry about that. (and don't believe all of the headlines, a lot of spin and hype happens....the truth tends to be much quieter and less exciting)

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

Sorry I have not been around. I am on a dialup connection in Greece headed for Russia to check out the lake. If I don't find it, I will replace it. Guess how.....

Because you haven't seen it, then it is not true? Do you have proof to that effect, or is it opinion? The article was from Reuters, not Pravda.