Radiohead - The Price Is Right

David_L

• Moderators
They aren't god awful or anything, just not my taste. :D

The only thing they've did that I liked was some really heavily distorted dare I say almost metal guitar work in very short bits in a music video from years ago.

• Moderators

Creep was one of the songs that got me into liking them. Radiohead are definitely an "acquired taste" type of band.

I bought their "OK Computer" album a few years back, and a lot of the songs on there are hard work, but they do grow on you.

And try and resist saying "yeh, like a boil" etc etc.

• Moderators
THANK YOU FOR ORDERING 'IN RAINBOWS'.

THE LINK BELOW IS YOUR UNIQUE DOWNLOAD ACTIVATION CODE.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK OR CUT AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER TO OBTAIN

YOUR DOWNLOAD.

IF YOUR LINK APPEARS AS TWO SEPARATE LINES, PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THEM

CAREFULLY INTO YOUR BROWSER.

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM

FREE MP3s.

Album now available. Just downloaded it 15 minutes ago.

...... I can't stand 160kbps .mp3 files....

werd.

... stealing music is no different than robbing from a store...

ill pay for obscure artists who need the finacial back up to start on the same road to success the big guys have.

Im not, however, going to lose sleep over down loading Metallicas, Master of Puppets and robbing them of 99 cents, espcially where i already bought the cd years. . . . and lost it? ;P

cry babies....

If i could bypass the payment of funds to major record labels and give the money to the artists i would....

sadly its not possible.

I just dislike major record labels.

Sorry thats my lame rant.

• Moderators
I hope people will actually give decent amounts of money for the album... stealing music is no different than robbing from a store.

To an extent I agree with you. I dont download music illegally but I have been known to swap songs with friends every now and then, but this radiohead thing is a whole different animal. Giving them nothing for the album isn't stealing if they are allowing you to do it.

Im not, however, going to lose sleep over down loading Metallicas, Master of Puppets and robbing them of 99 cents, espcially where i already bought the cd years. . . . and lost it? ;P
I once lost my mobile phone. It should be acceptable for me to rob a store considering I had already bought one ?
If i could bypass the payment of funds to major record labels and give the money to the artists i would....
You are aware that by bypassing those "oppressive" major record labels, it wouldn't be possible to purchase actual CDs nor the artist's songs through Internet retailers ? When you download copyrighted music, you don't only steal from the bank accounts of CEOs. You also steal from the thousands of employees. Just look at the almost incalculable number of names in CD booklets, and these are only the ones involved in the recording itself.
Giving them nothing for the album isn't stealing if they are allowing you to do it.
Agreed. It's the paroxysm of ungratefulness.

• Moderators

The whole idea of paying what you want for an album at a respective price (not referring about free loaders paying nothing, or a mere $1 or $2) has been around for a little while now. Just look at the online record company Magnatune.com for an example.

Of course the concept will work best with big names that are already established, and have a very large fan base. It would be a bad idea for newly signed artists in my opinion to go the same route because they'd still be "starving artists."

• Moderators
Worth what I paid for it. Whoops, almost nodded off again there.

My sentiments too! I was thinking this stuff could really put me too sleep.

Although I must admit for something that is light years from my chosen favourite genre the singer does have a good voice.

• Moderators
I hope people will actually give decent amounts of money for the album... stealing music is no different than robbing from a store.

I'm quite happy to say that I paid nothing for the album, and I'm extremely pleased I did. And in line with their offer, I didn't steal it.

It's always been a bone of contention with me, that sadly, music is one of the areas of commerce where you usually cannot try before you buy.

Why should you fork out hard earned cash for something you have never heard. Unfortunately, most people seem to accept this as the norm. If we had the right and the opportunity to hear everything before we bought it, the record companies and the artists would be that little bit less wealthy, and we would be that little bit better off.

This particular Radiohead album lasted 15 minutes before I binned it. Why on earth should I risk my money to do that?

I wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first, I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first, etc. etc..

I'm happy to pay for music, but only if I like it.