How to disable

ramblinrose

Someone told me to use start/run/msconfig...Uncheck Adobe reader. Leave selective mode or something...Is that right? Thanks for any help...I just don't want Adobe reader 7 to run background. I don't need that. I only need it for reading .pdf stuffs. hugs, Rose

• Moderators
Someone told me to use start/run/msconfig...Uncheck Adobe reader. Leave selective mode or something...Is that right? Thanks for any help...I just don't want Adobe reader 7 to run background. I don't need that. I only need it for reading .pdf stuffs. hugs, Rose

Go to start bar. Go to All programs and look for a folder that says "starup". Thier should be a file that says adobe 7. delete it and it will no longer run at startup.

Hello! Will I still be able to read .pdf files? If I delete from start folder instead of disable from msconfig? hugs. Rose

I think so. It works for me. Anyone else have suggestion? I would start with the startup folder before going into msconfig..thats just me being cautious.

Hello! Will I still be able to read .pdf files? If I delete from start folder instead of disable from msconfig? hugs. Rose

reader_sl.exe speed up the lauching of adobe reader 7... it have nothing to do with functionality...

--==aGumon==--

rather than deleting it from the startup folder, you can actually disable it... result will be it will not run at start up... :)

any startup manager will do the job... including CCleaner very own startup tool...

--==aGumon==--