Hotfix grace period

Tron04

CCleaner has the option to remove the Hotfix uninstallers.

I would like to see an option in the settings, so that Hotfixuninstalls only older than 2 months are actually getting deleted by CCleaner.

It's a little like the option to keep files younger than 48 hours in the temp folder.

My experience is that fixes that are older than 2 months can be considered safe and then the uninstaller of it can be removed.

what about other people (like me) who know that their hotfixes are 100% working correctly.. and they want to get rid of those uninstallers to free up disk space? I don't want to have to wait 2 entire months, just to delete them..

I think it's fine as it is. it's a checkbox. you can check it if you want to delete them, or you can uncheck it and leave them alone.

though I think there should be a warning message, when you check the box. right now, there's no warning, and too many people are deleting these uninstallers when they might need them

a warning message saying something like "Are you sure you want to delete these uninstallers? You won't be able to uninstall hotfixes after this. Please make sure they are working correctly before you do this."

that would be a really good idea

what about other people (like me) who know that their hotfixes are 100% working correctly.. and they want to get rid of those uninstallers to free up disk space?

Then you could untick the suggested option. I actually think it's a good idea.