CCleaner & Windows ME

craigathus

From the CCleaner website: "Fully tried and tested with Windows 95/98/NT4/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista."

Thanks JDPower :)

My old (Windows ME PC) has been retired from surfing the Internet, it now lives in the kitchen doing chores like "Gaming & Photo Editing"

Would I be doing anything wrong If I make a "copy" of (ccsetup141) on a USB removable drive and then copy it to my old machine?

Thanks JDPower :)

My old (Windows ME PC) has been retired from surfing the Internet, it now lives in the kitchen doing chores like "Gaming & Photo Editing"

Would I be doing anything wrong If I make a "copy" of (ccsetup141) on a USB removable drive and then copy it to my old machine?

Should work fine as far as I'm aware

Should work fine as far as I'm aware

Can I legally do it?

I can't find the "EULA" for CCleaner, I thought I should have a read just to make sure I wasn't braking any rules "laws" by making a copy.

• Moderators
Can I legally do it?

I can't find the "EULA" for CCleaner, I thought I should have a read just to make sure I wasn't braking any rules "laws" by making a copy.

It's sort of strange that it doesn't install a license.txt or eula.txt file.

I doubt very much you'd be breaking any laws placing the setup file on a USB flash medium just to install on another computer, hence it really isn't any different than downloading it and keeping in on your hard drive, a floppy, a CD-R, etc.

It's sort of strange that it doesn't install a license.txt or eula.txt file.

I doubt very much you'd be breaking any laws placing the setup file on a USB flash medium just to install on another computer, hence it really isn't any different than downloading it and keeping in on your hard drive, a floppy, a CD-R, etc.

Thats what I was thinking Andavari B) , however somtimes it pays to ask.

So there is no EULA.txt file?