Do try this at home

DennisD

• Moderators

I've never tried this myself yet, but looking hard at it, I think it could be for real. For the ruler to fall, the hammer head would have to rise.

1174516084282%20(Medium)_thumb.jpeg

But how the hell did they think to do that in the first place?

If anyone tries this, let us know.

I've never tried this myself yet, but looking hard at it, I think it could be for real. For the ruler to fall, the hammer head would have to rise.

Come on, think about it properly. The angles are irrelevant. The balance point (or fulcrum if you want to get scientific) is the edge of the table. Now for it to balance like that both sides of the fulcrum must weigh the same (doesn't matter how they are arranged). Here you have one side which weighs the same as about 1/20th of a plastic ruler, the other side weighs the same as nearly a whole ruler plus a hammer.

Unless of course it's glued as it probably is here ;)

• Moderators
PHOTOSHOP!!! :D LOL

AJ

PHOTOSHOP??? WRONG!!! :D

Come on, think about it properly. The angles are irrelevant. The balance point (or fulcrum if you want to get scientific) is the edge of the table. Now for it to balance like that both sides of the fulcrum must weigh the same (doesn't matter how they are arranged). Here you have one side which weighs the same as about 1/20th of a plastic ruler, the other side weighs the same as nearly a whole ruler plus a hammer.

Unless of course it's glued as it probably is here ;)

I thought about it properly, and it seems my applied logic is more reliable than your balance points, fulcrums etc.

For it to fall, as I said above, the hammer head would have to rise, which it can't do.

It's about centre of gravity, and you can shift the center of gravity by moving the cord.

A balance point is found every time.

23c19d82501.gife33eba82500.gife8395082505.gifd895ff82506.giff72bc782503.giff9bff982504.gif

No glue, no trick photography, no wires, and the hammer head is not touching the wall.

Do try this at home. :)

nice, will have to give this a go :)

ps. If you have been missing me ( :lol: not :lol: )

We are still in the process of moving, and are staying with family for the last few weeks, they have a 1Gb download plan,

so I haven't been on much. See you guys around again what we are back on our own connection. :P

fireryone

We are still in the process of moving, and are staying with family for the last few weeks, they have a 1Gb download plan,

so I haven't been on much. See you guys around again what we are back on our own connection. :P

Hi fireryone B)

Moving is a pain in the...

I've had to move a few times, hope you get settled into your new home soon :D

• Moderators

Hi firery, you were missed, just a little bit mind, but missed all the same. :lol:

Nice to see you.

• Moderators

Nice to see you back firery :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com