how to delete from add/remove programs

hello all. if i have a few programs that are listed in add/remove programs, but that feature will not allow me to remove the item (because it had been manually removed) how do i get rid of it? for instance i have an entry of CMON, but that program has been gone for about 6 months now.

any ideas? thanks!

Hi, 1984. :)

I have done what you are talking about by manually removing the registry entries for a program, but it is dangerous as the dickens to do so.

It has also been suggested that one could reinstall the program, then un-install it using the add/remove option in control panel. This was, if I remember right, in the case of a program which had been incorrectly uninstalled.

Maybe there are restore points dated before CMON was installed? I imagine you had thought of that, tho.

CCleaner has that "issues" feature, which might help if some stray registry entry is keeping the beast alive, but better wait for the experts to expound on this before using it.

Well, I'm out of ideas.

edit: While I was dithering over this post, GCNbball8 made probably the best recommendation. :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

hey guys. i have deleted past restore points, and attempted to use CCleaner, but i still cant seem to get rid of it. hmmmmmmmmmm. the file itself is missing, the folder had been deleted from the registry, but the entry still appears in add/remove programs. not a big deal, just dont like it.

i could reinstall, but a couple of the ones i have are lengthy installs that were annoying and put all kinds of garbage alone with them so i was hoping to avoid that but i guess i could give it a shot.

thanks for the suggestions. :)