Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8 SE

Tunerz

Is it possible to transfer some space from D drive to C drive wherein C is my primary? It keeps on showing that C is in use, and I already clicked the button to verify restart, still no go. Could I only allot free space to a drive which is not the primary partition?

Not using Paragon atm but you should be able to resize C and take the space off D.

Usually use Partition Magic here and have been able to resize any partition, space permitting of course.

A reboot is needed to resize the primary partition.

It will only say that drive C is in use, then gives me choices to close all apps and retry, confirm restart, or cancel. All apps are closed except Paragon in that event, but still... :angry:

• Moderators
Is it possible to transfer some space from D drive to C drive wherein C is my primary? It keeps on showing that C is in use, and I already clicked the button to verify restart, still no go. Could I only allot free space to a drive which is not the primary partition?

Hi Tunerz, I carried out this operation successfully a few months ago.

I'm not sure what you've tried exactly, so I'll start from scratch.

Select "Advanced Partitioning Tasks" from the left menus. Select "Redistribute free Space".

You will then have the "Wizard" to guide you through the process, and it's pretty straightforward if you take your time. But, if you are unsure about anything, please come back.

Hope this helps.

I've tried for the 5th time and still no go.

@Dennis

That's what I've been doing from the start, verified reboots yada yada...

Anyway is it possible to use it at safe mode?

• Moderators
Anyway is it possible to use it at safe mode?

I have no idea if you can use it in safe mode, but I'd like to find out why it's not working for you if you don't mind indulging me, and letting me know if Paragons doing the same thing for you as it did for me.

Step 1: (I know, it's pretty obvious)

167fs631071_th.jpg

Step 2: Select the partition you would like to enlarge.

167fs631151_th.jpg

Step 3: Select the partition to take space from.

167fs631248_th.jpg

Step 4: A visual review of the change you're gonna make.

167fs631396_th.jpg

Step5:Finish.

167fs631467_th.jpg

If this is the same procedure you did step by step, can you give me a screenshot of the Paragon interface after the wizard window has closed down.

I seem to remember that the next step wasn't too obvious, and I didn't want to go too far with those screenshots in case I couldn't stop the process after pressing finish.

I think there's another button to press, and then you reboot and the Paragon Engine takes over as your pc reboots, but I want to be 100% sure.

I had the same problem trying to clone a hard drive (Tried multiple times) to another larger one,

I gave up in the end and did a new install on the second drive.

During restart does it sit there for ages looking like its doing its job (you see the copy/moving progress).

fireryone

• Moderators

Thanks tunerz. I got exactly the same message windows, and it puzzled me for a while.

Did you do anything else after that, because I think I clicked on the green check mark above the window and then rebooted.

I'm gonna do this again if I have to, because it's p*****g me off that I can't remember exactlty the final thing I did.

Let me know if you try that or not, but if not, I'll come back to you. Watch this space as they say.

• Moderators

You obviously clicked the green check mark.

OK, I,ve resized my partitions again.

At this stage press "Restart now"

167fs832169_th.jpg

On restarting, you should have this screen: (large pics,had to use a camera)

167fs829923_th.jpg

Don't take too much notice of the time, it does change in jerky stages.

167fs830298_th.jpg

Next stage is disk checking, which you can skip, but it's pretty quick.

167fs830595_th.jpg

Final stage. Paragon loads automatically, and windows asks you to reboot.

167fs831332_th.jpg

Job done. I now have a slightly smaller C: drive, took about 25 minutes.

:)