Bonds hits number 755

CTskifreak

I was watching the game...it's sad that people have to boo someone because of alleged steroid use.

Other than that, the hit was pretty big...it will be on ESPN and YouTube pretty soon I'm guessing.

The dude who hit the ball must be feeling very lucky.

AJ

• Moderators

I was hoping they would bust him before he hit it. :(

I dont see how anyone could think that he doesn't take steroids.

BarryBonds.jpg

Its just not possible to go from A to B as you get older naturally. (there are better of these comparison picks but I found that with a quick google.)

Besides Gary Sheffield already ratted him out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1895380

• Moderators

That was the original article. They have also released Sheffield's grand jury hearing notes where he admits to taking pills from bonds called "the clear" or something like that. I'll have to dig it up.

Bonds is 44.

• Moderators

Strangely enough I had initially thought this was a thread about Bond, James Bond agent 007. :rolleyes:

Any big time professional athlete taking steroids nowadays is going to really be spotlighted, especially after the tragic Chris Benoit issue.

Steroids, doping, all kinds of illegal performance enhancing techniques is rampant in sports. Right down to the high school level it's huge. Bonds is no different than most. If people really knew how wide spread it is you would be shocked. The Tour De Farce (Tour De France) is an example. This crap has been going on for a long time. I remember in the 80's when they were testing East German woman athletes to prove they were actually woman because they were built bigger than most men. They will never stop this. The person that comes along and breaks Bonds record one day will be artificially enhanced for sure. The day will come when it will just be excepted. It will just be another form of training. Fortunately for me I stopped giving a $hit about sports at all levels. If these guys aren't doing drugs there setting up hits on their pregnant girl friends or running dog fighting rings. These guys are clowns.

• Moderators

Alex Rodriguez is about the only player in the near future I see breaking this record. He just hit 500 and he isnt that old(he hit it a few years younger then bonds did.) He doesn't look like a steroid user(he isn't that bulky and doesn't seem to have bulging veins like bonds) of course looks isnt the best way to tell.

Alex Rodriguez is about the only player in the near future I see breaking this record. He just hit 500 and he isnt that old(he hit it a few years younger then bonds did.) He doesn't look like a steroid user(he isn't that bulky and doesn't seem to have bulging veins like bonds) of course looks isnt the best way to tell.

Steroids is not the only way to enhance performance. How do you know Rodriguez is not jacked up on some kind of stimulant? Could be the opposite to. He may be a guy that's all nerves unless he takes a relaxant of some sort. This crap all falls under performance enhancers. When you think about it having a coffee could be considered performance enhancing. There are many many people in sports doing what Bonds has allegedly done yet they are not setting home run records.

• Moderators
Steroids is not the only way to enhance performance. How do you know Rodriguez is not jacked up on some kind of stimulant?

Exactly, there's also something called blood doping which basically means is one donates his/her own blood that is then transferred back into his/her body. I remember about blood doping being talked about years ago on T.V. and how it could "benefit" ground troop soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping

Exactly, there's also something called blood doping which basically means is one donates his/her own blood that is then transferred back into his/her body. I remember about blood doping being talked about years ago on T.V. and how it could "benefit" ground troop soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping

That was a big thing with bicycle racing to. I didn't hear much about this year though at the Tour De France although I wasn't following it either. Couldn't miss the headlines every day about somebody being suspected/accused/and disqualified for something though.

I was watching the game...it's sad that people have to boo someone because of alleged steroid use.

Alleged :lol::lol::lol:

Some good news, I hope, is that this year Texas will be the first state to randomly test all high school athletes for steroid use. Some of these kids playing football on Friday nights look like Hulk Hogan. Parents, coaches, school board members are all complicit in steroid use and abuse with these kids and have for years turned a blind eye to what is an illegal as well as extremely unhealthy practice.