Program closes when clicking "Run Cleaner"

saphz

I am running Vista Home Premium, and recently, when I click the "Run Cleaner" button, the program closes immidiately. I have it set to 3 passes, so it should take quite a while, and for that matter, the "close program after running" is disabled, so its not that. No files are deleted.. I was running 1.39 or whatever the previous version was, so I upgraded to the latest one, and it is doing the same thing. Occationally, if I click "Analyze" first, it will allow me to clean it right afterwords, but that rarely works. I have tried closes all unnecesary processes and aplications, and reinstalled the program.

Anyone else have this problem? Have any suggestions? Also, just for note, I am running antivirus and antispyware software which I have run scans on to no avail, and yes, I tried disabling them and it didn't affect the original problem.

I am running Vista Home Premium, and recently, when I click the "Run Cleaner" button, the program closes immidiately...

I have a similar problem. I run XP Home. Version 1.41.385 worked perfectly, every version since then (including the current 1.41.544) shuts down if you right click "Run Cleaner" from the Recycle bin.

It appears to clean everything, but after doing so, it generates an error message and then closes. Simple solution was to re-install 1.38.485, however, this makes no sense. Nothing else has been changed on the machine (firewall, adware removers, antivirus, browsers, etc.). Anyone have any ideas ??

BTW, the "user" as which I log in has full administrative rights on the machine, so that is also not the answer... sorry...

Forgot... this is a neat piece of software and works really well! Except for this problem (and the older version is really OK) I have had absolutely no problems with it! Thanks!!

hello everyone, mind is doing the same thing, it analyz everything like normal, but when I tell it to RUN CLEANER. it makes maybe 3 passes and it turns off? don't know whats causing this it's a great program just hope they can fix it.