xs.to free image hosting thumbnails

DennisD

• Moderators

I've noticed a few people are using this hosting service, and I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this Google Ad problem.

xs.to.jpg.xs.jpg

xs.to.jpg.xs.jpg

The ad appeared in place of the thumbnail some time ago, as in first picture.

I then had the brilliant idea of blocking the ad. The result of that is the second picture.

Because I like this hosting service, I politely emailed the company asking why the change? No reply.

Am I the only one? ;)

• Moderators

The only explaination I'd have is you need some ad blocking installed because I for one have never seen that ad in your screenshot - and if I did and it kept returning I'd switch free image hosts pronto.

About the only suggestions I'd have are:

* If you're using Firefox make sure you have Adblock Plus installed.

* Regardless of whatever browser also make sure you're using the MVPS.org HOSTS File (requires reboot after installing).

• Moderators
The only explaination I'd have is you need some ad blocking installed because I for one have never seen that ad in your screenshot - and if I did and it kept returning I'd switch free image hosts pronto.

About the only suggestions I'd have are:

* If you're using Firefox make sure you have Adblock Plus installed.

* Regardless of whatever browser also make sure you're using the MVPS.org HOSTS File (requires reboot after installing).

Got Adblock plus installed, and although I don't have MVPS hosts file, I did put an entry into the hosts file:- 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com, and that got rid of it, but all I get now is a blank.

Thanks for your reply, I'll see if any of the others that use this service have the same thing.

• Moderators
That HOSTS file blocks too much stuff.

Yeah, but one can always go through and remove sites they like which should actually be done to make sure some favourite sites aren't inadvertently blocked. I however haven't ever had to edit the MVPS.org HOSTS File after it's installed, although there's others that block whole download websites like Softpedia.com just because some of the downloads contain adware.

I don't have MVPS hosts file, I did put an entry into the hosts file:- 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com, and that got rid of it, but all I get now is a blank.

In order to block Google adverts you're going to have to add some more entries, these are all of them that I myself block and I've never seen a Google ad afterwords:

127.0.0.1  google-analytics.com127.0.0.1  googleadservices.com127.0.0.1  googleadsyndication.com127.0.0.1  googlesyndication.com127.0.0.1  pagead2.googlesyndication.com127.0.0.1  www.googleadservices.com127.0.0.1  www.googlesyndication.com

• Moderators
In order to block Google adverts you're going to have to add some more entries, these are all of them that I myself block and I've never seen a Google ad afterwords:

127.0.0.1  google-analytics.com 127.0.0.1  googleadservices.com 127.0.0.1  googleadsyndication.com 127.0.0.1  googlesyndication.com 127.0.0.1  pagead2.googlesyndication.com 127.0.0.1  www.googleadservices.com 127.0.0.1  www.googlesyndication.com

Thanks for that, cutting and pasting now............

Done.

I've noticed a few people are using this hosting service, and I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this Google Ad problem.

xs.to.jpg.xs.jpg

xs.to.jpg.xs.jpg

The ad appeared in place of the thumbnail some time ago, as in first picture.

I then had the brilliant idea of blocking the ad. The result of that is the second picture.

Because I like this hosting service, I politely emailed the company asking why the change? No reply.

Am I the only one? ;)

Someone mentioned this a while back, about an add inplace of their image.

{{went and did a forum search}}

It was you :lol:http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=10151&hl=

fireryone

fireryone, my upside down friend. That's a cracking reply, but not quite what I was expecting. :D

thanks, sorry I can't think of anything to aid in the problem though..... :D

fireryone

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I'm just resurrecting this tired thread to give you guys a chuckle.

I had the brilliant idea of opening a new account with a different email address to see if I could get rid of the blank in place of the thumbnail.

Opened a new account no problem. Uploaded an image......

xs.jpg

Same result, no thumbnail.

Ah well, this ImageBoot seems pretty good. ;)