This forum does strange things to browsers

Anthony A

IE7 Pro comes with an in line spell checker. There is no "pro version" of IE7. IE7 Pro is an addon for IE7 that includes a in line spell checker as well as many other features .

http://www.ie7pro.com/

As far as IE Spell. No components are are lost/deleted/damaged. It works flawless every were else but here. This is on several computers. It's not just IE Spell either it's other browsers spell checkers as well the mess up here.

Oh OK I didn't know IE7 Pro was an add-on, that's the first I've heard of it. I'm a little weary of adding things to my IE anyway, mostly because its doing everything I really want it to do right now, and I don't want to add anything that might make it run slower or encounter any problems. Actually, the only add-on I have is the spell-checker. I'm kinda that way about my PC in general, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

About your spell-checker problem, If this site is the only place where you experience this problem then why is it working for most everyone else? That's the question to ask. I think the simple fact that it works for 'most' everyone else, pretty much eliminates the idea that it's a site issue. I think the only way you're going to figure this out is by narrowing this down to when it started happening, what browsers are doing what right and what wrong with your machine and other peoples machines..ect.

Oh OK I didn't know IE7 Pro was an add-on, that's the first I've heard of it. I'm a little weary of adding things to my IE anyway, mostly because its doing everything I really want it to do right now, and I don't want to add anything that might make it run slower or encounter any problems. Actually, the only add-on I have is the spell-checker. I'm kinda that way about my PC in general, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

About your spell-checker problem, If this site is the only place where you experience this problem then why is it working for most everyone else? That's the question to ask. I think the simple fact that it works for 'most' everyone else, pretty much eliminates the idea that it's a site issue. I think the only way you're going to figure this out is by narrowing this down to when it started happening, what browsers are doing what right and what wrong with your machine and other peoples machines..ect.

The fact it's 6 browsers, 4 different machines, and only this forum and only when I don't select "fast reply" and other people have the same issue tells me it's the forum. Why some people don't have the issue I can't say. I find it impossible to believe that four machines and 6 browsers all coincidentally screwed up exactly the same way and only on this forum when I reply with any other method other than "fast reply" and that other peoples machines and browsers messed up exactly like mine.

I don't know if there is a forum setting in "My Controls" section of the site that could be causing this or if where I'm located and the server being used to access the site is an issue but it is an issue with this forum. My machines work too well every where else for it to be them and others are having the issue.

It's more a need to know because it's bugging me. The Google Tool Bar spell check works fine and so does IE Spell if I use the tool bar button so it more of an annoyance than anything else that the other spell check methods are messing up.

In FF I seem to have to right click and check "spell check this field" to make it work it normal reply as well.

It doesn't bother me that much though, as I've had to do it in other forums/fields as well,

I just can't remember what other site that was. :lol: .

Check if the other forums, that you have no problem with, are running the same version

of Invision Power Board: Powered By IP.Board 2.3.1 ? 2007

Just look at the bottom of each forum you visit, they may not be using IPB at all.

fireryone