Genie Backup Manager free download

JDPower

A full free commercial download from vnunet:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/219...up-manager-lite

Just had a very quick play with it and it seems pretty good. It has a nice simple file selection system similar to Windows own backup program and it can backup quite a few Windows settings as well as files/folders which impressed me, can also back up registry too. Seems quite fast too. Only downside I can see at present is that it doesn't let you burn backups directly to CD/DVD (hence the 'Lite' tag I presume).

On first impressions I like it alot (and I have found very few backup programs that I like so thats saying something), so it may be a keeper :)

• Moderators

Out of all the backup programs I've dabbled in over the years nothing for me has ever come close to my well crafted batch file that uses the 7-Zip command line program at the end to archive all the backups in a single .7z archive.

Although I realize it's not a small task of finding and identifying each and every file one needs or wants to backup, it took me well over two hours to make my backup batch file.

• Moderators

I've got that JD, thanks for the link.

Backing up is something I've neglected lately (apart from photos).

There's been so many backup programmes recommended on here recently, that I just haven't been able to pick one.

Isn't it a quirky thing that too much choice can be a problem. :D

• Moderators
There's been so many backup programmes recommended on here recently, that I just haven't been able to pick one.

You could always use a backup program to backup a backup program. :P

In any event you'd better make a backup before some computer bug or glitch rears its ugly head.