gas usage

• Moderators
I've been comparing my car (Mazda Prot?g? 2003) to dozens of other models since the last 15 or so minutes, this thing is addicting or I'm just downright bored. :lol:

When it comes time to get a new (most likely slightly used car) that site will become my fuel efficient car buying bible. With current fuel costs for automobiles the last thing someone needs is a weekly or bi-weekly emptying of all the cash in the wallet at a gas station.

The last time I filled up my car which has a 4 cylinder engine it cost about $25 that was before gas was over $3 per gallon on a national average. I remember that day I looked over at the SUV parked just a few feet away, and the lady was still filling up its tank and it was over $50 and she hadn't even finished yet - oh hell no, I wouldn't want to be driving that guzzler.

• Moderators
I spend at least 30 bucks a week on gas. :(

I dont even have a gas guzzling car (2005 accord). I just drive a lot. :(

If you keep it maintained with regular tune-up's, properly inflated tires, and have a clean engine air filter you can save some gas money. Just don't fall into those gimmick products like the Tornado air intake system that has wild claims of 5% to 25% decrease of gas usage, it's completely bogus because they don't work as reported by many automotive professionals - it was also stated they don't work on the t.v. show MotorWeek.

• Moderators
I just need a chart comparison of different branches, too bad i can't find it :(

Many auto manufactures have a side comparison where they'll let you compare their model against that of just about any rival.

I remember once comparing a Ford Focus against a Corvette. :lol:

If you keep it maintained with regular tune-up's, properly inflated tires, and have a clean engine air filter you can save some gas money.

And keep any unnecessary weight out of the car, keep Windows shut and don't use air con. How much do you want it ;)