Looking For a Freeware Program That....

fullbug

Been looking all over for a freeware program that would allow me to overlap pictures, or in other words paste a pic of someones face overtop of another persons face, just tried a program called 2 Pic, what a piece of crap that was, is there a freeware program out there that would do this that works well? What would a program like this be called, a overlay program?

Any help would be great, thanx...

You basically want a program that can handle layers (ie the main pic as the bottom layer, the persons face will be the top layer). I use GIMP (LINK) though it takes some getting used to. I'm pretty sure Paint.net and Photofiltre can both handle layers too and may be easier to work with for simpler stuff ;)

You basically want a program that can handle layers (ie the main pic as the bottom layer, the persons face will be the top layer). I use GIMP (LINK) though it takes some getting used to. I'm pretty sure Paint.net and Photofiltre can both handle layers too and may be easier to work with for simpler stuff ;)

Tried Paint.net, but couldnt get the layers to combine right, going to try Photofiltre, thanx....

• Moderators

You missed out on the Giveaway Of The Day last week sometime because they had some program that could morph pictures and stuff like what's seen in t.v. ad's and stuff - it looked neat but I didn't download it.

• Moderators

PhotoPlus 6: Free Serif Software

PhotoPlus 6 is the amazing image editing software that enables you to fix and enhance photographs, bitmap graphics and even create web animations - completely free! Adjust brightness and contrast, colour balance, remove red-eye and make numerous other image adjustments and enhancements, achieving fantastic results time after time. All the tools and features you need are laid out in a convenient toolbar and effects and filters are accessed via user-friendly drop-down menus. Help is on hand with tips that appear on-screen while you work, so that you get the very most from PhotoPlus 6.

Whether you're new to image editing or a digital imaging enthusiast, PhotoPlus 6 has a wide range of easy-to-use tools and features that will help transform your digital photo collection and create professional looking images for print, multimedia and the web.

This prog sounds familiar, although a forum search came up with nothing.

It's completely free if you register, and seems to have a lot of features and effects, including layers. I've installed this, and I quite like it.

If it's been on here before, sorry guys, but lost all my bookmarks recently.