Robot Baby

fireryone

A child-sized android with flexible joints and soft skin developed by the Japan Science and Technology Agency

was unveiled Friday at Osaka University, where the agency's research and development team is based.

The 1.3-meter-tall, 33 kilogram humanoid robot has optical, auditory and tactile sensors. Fifty-one

actuators inside its body run on compressed air and enable the robot to make complex movements smoothly.

About 200 tactile sensors are embedded in the robot's gray skin, which is made of silicon and other materials.

The robot can react to its surroundings by blinking and altering its facial expressions. The robot, which has

the physical ability of a 1- or 2-year-old toddler, can turn over and stand up with assistance.Want to see more of CB2? Just wait until you go to sleep tonight: he'll be in your nightmares.

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=1877

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_Valley

Now, do you want one of your own, or a shotgun to take care of it???? :P:D

fireryone

Now, do you want one of your own, or a shotgun to take care of it???? :P:D

LMAO Yeah I'll opt for the shotgun. haha I'm mean, aren't I? :lol:

Kinda reminds me of the "babies" in the new movie License to Wed starring Robin Williams. If someone presented me with one of those things, I think I'd run in the opposite direction. :blink:

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Actually it says "we had way too much time on our hands and couldn't come up with anything better than something to annoy the hell out of people". lol

LOL true. I hadn't thought of the "prankster" aspect of it. Good call!

• Moderators
The robot can react to its surroundings by blinking and altering its facial expressions.

Before I click on your links and have a look, the first image that jumped into my mind from this description was George Bush.

Sorry, but you can't control these things. ;)

I've seen them now, and that's really scary. You could quite easily end up talking to it.

First impression was pretty close though. :rolleyes:

Now I think of it, an EMP might be better than a shotgun..... :D

Or just call on Davy Jones to release the Kraken and take that sucker to the locker never to return!