Anyone here have a ZUNE?

rridgely

• Moderators

Do any of you have a zune? Circuit City is running them for $200 right now and I'm thinking of buying one..

I don't care anything about the wifi crap or nothing about the video really either(I guess its nice to have but I probably wouldn't use it very often).

I was just wondering if any of you have one and like it..

I just need an MP3 player with lots of space. The zune had a pretty good interface when I tried it and I've heard the battery life is pretty damn good.

I deffinitely don't want anything from sony or apple.(Itunes and Sonicstage are the crappiest programs I have ever used. Sonicstage might be the worst program in the history of computers)

IDK anyone that has one. Kids in my school have basically iPods and nothing else, including me.

My brother has a 2 GB San Disk Sansa, which is small, but has great battery life.

(Get the Halo 3 Zune :P !!1)

AJ

• Moderators
I deffinitely don't want anything from sony or apple.(Itunes and Sonicstage are the crappiest programs I have ever used. Sonicstage might be the worst program in the history of computers)

I've also heard of people that have software+hardware issues with the ZUNE such as them not communicating together and such, but then again that's nothing new for some players. Don't forget to read customer reviews on shopping sites before plucking down the $200. But of course I know your really want a Pink ZUNE don't you. :P:lol:

• Moderators

<_<

If I got this I wouldn't have to really downgrade my lossless songs. :D

I still wouldn't be able to fit everything I have on it but 30 gigs is enough to where I wouldn't have to change it very often.

I don't think I'm going to get one now though because my current mp3 player is fine(but $200 is a pretty good deal for that player.. but I guess its not a good deal if you don't need it. :P)

• Moderators
<_<

If I got this I wouldn't have to really downgrade my lossless songs. :D

I still wouldn't be able to fit everything I have on it but 30 gigs is enough to where I wouldn't have to change it very often.

I don't think I'm going to get one now though because my current mp3 player is fine(but $200 is a pretty good deal for that player.. but I guess its not a good deal if you don't need it. :P)

Well in our PM's you said you didn't want to go below 256 KBPS, but have you even tried the newest versions of LAME yet at 128 KBPS, 160 KBPS or even some ABR setting around 128 to 160? LAME sounds rather amazing at those bitrates -- that is if the proper encoding parameters are used in accordance to this. It's a very good ideal to use LAME.exe versus lame_enc.dll because some rippers may cause unwanted settings using the .DLL encoder.

Hi guys, well the ZUNE is a POS! Poor battery Life and not a lot of features.

For you rridgely I would go for the...

Cowon D2

Cowon A2

iAudio 6

U3

Those are the best DAPs. Forget the iPod, Sansa, and the ZUNE!

Cowon Global Site - Best DAPs anywhere in my book!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Everything I have read is saying the zune has better battery life then the ipod video. The players you linked have small hard drives(except for the one which is $100 more then the zune. It looks more like a tv then an mp3 player too...)

Plus I just realized that cowon players use that jet audio software which I hate. :(

I didn't get a zune, I decided to wait untill my current player dies and then I'll get a new one.(probably a zune or the newest creative player)

And I didn't play around with any of that stuff you just said andavari. :P I will download lame now and see what I think. :)

That just your opinion though. Look at these reviews...

Cowon D2 Review

Cowon X5L Review - Best rated Battery Life out of ANY HDD-Based Player even by today standards.

ZUNE Review

iAudio 6 Review

Cowon U3 Review

No, you don't need to use the JetAudio software. That's only for converting video for the DAPs. All the players are MTP, UMS... simple drag&drop :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

LOL what did I say that was opinion besides that the $300 one was ugly. :P (even so when I'm the one spending the money my opinion is all that really matters. :P) I have read numerous tech reviews saying zune has better battery life then the ipod video and looking at the links you provided all of those players only had 4gig hds besides the one which cost more then the zune. The battery life for the zune is more then enough(I would never use it for 13+ hours at a time anyway) plus the zune has a bigger screen then that 30gig cowon one.

Its going to need more then drag and drop for me though. I want to be able to build playlists and stuff like my current rio one does. I would use wmp11 but its mp3 player syncing is only so so. With the zune I would use its software which people have been saying is pretty solid.(I will admit I haven't tried it yet and would before purchashing. The jet audio software is really limited though and I could never use it solely)

Like I said I'm not buying anything for now but I do have my eye on a price drop for the zune or maybe this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Creative-La...roductDetail.do

Yeah sorry your right. I heard the ZUNE had poor battery life though based upon what i've heard. Hm... o well. Yeah what DAP are you currently using by the way? You may already know that I have that Cowon F2 and it lasted the whole 13hrs going from Alabama to North Carolina (Could have lasted more) and that was with my own JetEffect settings which I was so surprised. The F2 does get around 17-21hrs for me that is (i've tested) hehe. A DAP for me has to do with Sound, Video (least important to me), Storage (I only except Flash-Based and plus SD card support like the D2 or Sansa E200), Battery Life, Features like... being able to adjust Equalizer, Display, Wallpaper, Themes (Such as interface and menus), and the most important out of all is FIRMWARE UPDATES. Cowon is the only the actual company that I know that displays a Change log and release the fastest. Sansa, iRiver, iPod, Philips... neither of them do this and it upsets me. Well, that pretty much explains things.

• Moderators

I have a rio carbon. Its a little old but it works fantastically and has great features/software.

No color screen but I don't need one. Its not flash based but its some sort of super small hard drive. I wouldn't even think of switching but I kind of want a bigger hard drive to hold my music.(30 gigs still isn't enough but its better then 5. I will check out andavari's suggestion though because I may be able to get more songs that sound good. I just bought some expensive ass bose headphones so I want the music to sound good. )

I actually own the zune, and its not bad of a player of all, despite what others say compared to the ipod. It is larger and heavier, but i think that it already includes a case with that extra bulk. The zune never scratches, and the 3 inch screen is nice looking at videos (which looks awesome).

As for music, the quality of the zune is much better than any other players. If you just bought bose earphones, it'll definitely sound wonderful.