Extreme Instability.

DennisD

• Moderators

Next to my fascination with the world of creepy crawlies, is a fascination with extreme weather.

Something we don't experience too much of in the UK, but some of you guys from other parts of the world must have some amazing, or downright scary stories to tell.

Some pretty cool pics of what I'm talking about here.

Next to my fascination with the world of creepy crawlies, is a fascination with extreme weather.

Something we don't experience too much of in the UK, but some of you guys from other parts of the world must have some amazing, or downright scary stories to tell.

Some pretty cool pics of what I'm talking about here.

There are some nice wallpapers there :)

fireryone

• Moderators
Some astonishing pics there, this looks like a scene straight out of War of the Worlds or Independence Day: http://www.extremeinstability.com/wp/1430wp.jpg

It's pretty neat, but that's the one image I was really wondering about if it was manipulated somehow. And what the hell is that sun like thing glowing in the middle it.

And if you think that's strange, what do you reckon to this phenomenon which took place in Iowa a couple of weeks ago. :)

Certainly unusual. I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like NOT speeded up though, wonder if anyone would even notice it at normal speed.

Hi Dennis,check out this weird cloud formation that happens occassionally over here in Australia.

First video at this link

The Gulf is home to the extraordinary meteorological phenomenon, the Morning Glory Cloud. One kilometre high stretching from horizon to horizon the "Glory" is a shockwave in the atmosphere of immense proportions

• Moderators
And if you think that's strange, what do you reckon to this phenomenon which took place in Iowa a couple of weeks ago. :)

That's the least of the weird things to take place in Iowa, I should know I'm Iowan. What JDPower stated about wanting to see it at normal speed does also make me wonder if normal folk would even notice it when it isn't sped up.

• Moderators
Hi Dennis,check out this weird cloud formation that happens occassionally over here in Australia.

First video at this link

That's an amazing site Humpty, from above and below. Makes you wonder what the ancients would have thought of that. It looks pretty scary even when you know it's a natural phenomenon.

That's the least of the weird things to take place in Iowa, I should know I'm Iowan. What JDPower stated about wanting to see it at normal speed does also make me wonder if normal folk would even notice it when it isn't sped up.

I knew that. :)

Thought you would appreciate it, and the answer to you and JDs observation, yes, I think you would notice that cloud formation. That undulating shape is pretty unusual.

Just think of some of the cool stuff we would miss if not for time lapse photography.

And can I tell you something that really makes me chuckle?

I think we now have an international band of cloud watchers.

Before you know it, you'll catch yourself looking to the heavens, (with everyone around you wondering what the hell you're looking at), and quietly cursing me under your breath. :lol:

Looking forward to your pictures. :)