FREE Anti-Spyware Software

KS-FINN

I would like to know if their are any other good FREE Anti-Spyware programs out their that Im unaware of. I already have AVG AntiSpyware>SUPERAnti-Spyware and Ad-AwareSE Personal,or do you think any more would be over kill.? :unsure:

I would like to know if their are any other good FREE Anti-Spyware programs out their that Im unaware of. I already have AVG AntiSpyware>SUPERAnti-Spyware and Ad-AwareSE Personal,or do you think any more would be over kill.? :unsure:

I have the three you mentioned as well as A-squared, Spybot, Windows Defender, CW Shredder, and Hijack This. I am ready to kick some malware a$$. :P

CWShredder hasn't been updated since November 2005 (mainly because CoolWebSearch has moved on to other types of malware) and, technically, HijackThis isn't truly anti-spyware but a sort of diagnostic tool.

CWShredder hasn't been updated since November 2005 (mainly because CoolWebSearch has moved on to other types of malware) and, technically, HijackThis isn't truly anti-spyware but a sort of diagnostic tool.

Yeah I know about CW Shredder but I just haven't bothered to remove it and if I do get any of the variations of CoolWebSearch that it removes than I am prepared. As far as Highjack This is concerned it certainly is more than a diagnostic tool. It removes things the other apps can't/won't. Besides even if it was just a diagnostic tool any forum you got to to get malware help asks you to post a Highjack This log so you really should have it.

Yeah I know about CW Shredder but I just haven't bothered to remove it and if I do get any of the variations of CoolWebSearch that it removes than I am prepared.

AFAIK most anti-spyware programs remove the CWS variants now anyway so its pretty much redundant

Just one question, can you just rely on using HijackThis in order to see whether if you have any issues or do you need all of the other anti-spyware?

I ask this because i have not had any spyware for donkey years (touch wood) and was wondering if i could just use HijackThis.

I used to always have Spybot and others on my computer, but i have got rid of them and just use SpywareBlaster, Ad-Aware and HijackThis

Well the way I look at it is that these apps do no harm and since none of them are running real time on my system they use no resources and they are small apps so they use very little disk space, which I have plenty of anyway, so I have them installed if I need them. No app gets all the malware so having a layered defense makes sense to me.