Differences between downloads

jimjupiter

• Moderators

I need to know if 'somebody' could tell whether I paid for it or if I just ran the free version.

I'd think you yourself would know if you "paid" for anything. The "paid" versions and what they include beyond the "freeware" versions is detailed on the main download page, such as priority support, etc. See here:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• Moderators

Please allow me to explain once more and add a caveat

There is NO paid version of CCleaner

It is a completely free software. The only thing you can pay for from Piriform is a support package which allows you to talk directly to the developer staff when you want, as opposed to indirectly by posting in this forum, having us members spout blah blah blah at you and maybe a developer replies.

That said when you state

but from a legal standpoint, it can be used to prove intent

it makes me think that you are doing something nefarious that you wish to cover your track from. You will get no help from us in that realm. If you pursue a line of questions, or a member answers this thread, in a manner that makes me (or other moderators) feel you are getting at this behavior, you, or they as the case may be, will be disallowed from posting on this site (then you will have to buy support if you want help with the software)1

Notes: 1 This is a blanket statement/warning and not meant to offend the original poster nor any other member.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com