Suggestions for Improvement

Dear developers

I use ccleaner daily, and I'm very happy with it. It's very fast, especially the unistall tool.

But there are also room for improvement. This is what I think would make Ccleaner better:

- The program should handle the backups itself. I'm tired of having a dozen backups, with the responsibility of giving of giving understandable names. It should be a button "Swith back to the last backup" or something.

-Improving the speed of the registry error scanning process

- That I dont have to go to the website and download and install it manually.

-I would also like the ability to schedule scans and updates

-When you doubleclick on something in the uninstall menu, you should get to the "Uninstall this?" windows, not the "rename entry". this would save people for more mouse clicking

EDIT: - While we're at the uninstall tool, it would be nice to see the size of the program you're highlighting :)

I understand that the resources are limited, as you've made your programs freeeware, but please do atleast some of my suggestions.

Thank You! B)

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums optimalus! :)

Those are some good suggestions you've listed!

- The program should handle the backups itself. I'm tired of having a dozen backups, with the responsibility of giving of giving understandable names. It should be a button "Swith back to the last backup" or something.

That would be most welcomed and gets my vote since there's people that allow for the .REG backups but don't know where they're located. If CC would just have a dedicated backup folder and could handle those backups internally it would be a vast improvement.

-Improving the speed of the registry error scanning process

At the moment CC has on of the fastest registry cleaners on scan speed, and one of the safest too.

- That I dont have to go to the website and download and install it manually.

This has been a repeatedly requested feature for so time. If CC could just download the setup file to say the desktop then automatically start the setup file it could possibly save people some time.

-I would also like the ability to schedule scans and updates

This is currently possible via the Windows Task Scheduler ("Scheduled Tasks") feature. You just need to use the /AUTO switch with CC as explained here.

If CC would just have a dedicated backup folder and could handle those backups internally it would be a vast improvement.

100% agree with that, can't believe it still handles the backup location the way it does.

Also agree that double clicking in the uninstall section should run installer not rename entry - it is the uninstaller section after all, not the rename section. Its something I'd never noticed before as I don't use that section but does seem a strange choice of behaviour.

I never quite understand the fuss Over the update, It takes less then a minute. I think there should be a sticky so it stops getting ask each week.

I dont personally use ccleaners registry backup, but i think it's a great idea and will save a lot of head ache for some people.

You also do realise ccleaners scan of the registry can also come down to the users machine.

No fate but what we make

• 9 months later...
I never quite understand the fuss Over the update, It takes less then a minute. I think there should be a sticky so it stops getting ask each week.

I dont personally use ccleaners registry backup, but i think it's a great idea and will save a lot of head ache for some people.

You also do realise ccleaners scan of the registry can also come down to the users machine.

im sorry but its not as often as you think. i just went back alomst 1 year and commented on each of the occurrences about the auto update. and im trying to get it noticed because its something important to not just me but many others. and im sure there are alot of people that are not on these forums that would want the auto update feature atleast avialable if people do want to do an auto update or not. it shoud be a choice instead of going to filehippo and then downloading and then settin gyour options and then finally do the update. would save alot of time especially for those with slower computers and internet speeds.

Not the best idea bumping all the year old threads you can find.

Id suggest you stop what you are doing or you could end up getting banned for flooding.

No fate but what we make