driver updates

• Moderators

I misunderstood what you wanted.

I thought you were looking for a specific driver. :rolleyes:

Generally its best to check the manufactorers website for driver info. I don't know of a free program to just update them all.

Usually if something is working and there are no problems its better to just leave it alone. :P

• Moderators
For anyone who does not understand his question, he's looking for an application that looks if any of the drivers on a system is outdated ? la http://www.drivermagician.com/ but freeware.

Nice program that Matt.

I've just downloaded it for a 15 day trial. Has quite a few good backup features.

A couple of screen shots. I've already backed up all my drivers, which now takes the risk out of updating them.

DriverMagician.jpg.xs.jpg 2007-04-14_232144.jpg.xs.jpg

Also has a Restore feature for all backups.

Here's a thought.

I installed and ran this under Power Shadow, so when I shut down my pc tonight will these screenshots mysteriously disappear. :lol:

Believe me, most manufactores don't have the lastest updates. One of the reason i think is because so they could sell to other corporations such as driver genuis professional, driver magian, driver detective and driver guide. All those are commercials. Driverguide.com is awesome only if you paid, but you could get most the drivers for free though.

• Moderators
Believe me, most manufactores don't have the lastest updates.

It's true they don't have the lastest or even recommended versions. Although if you for instance have a Dell LCD monitor you're stuck using their driver even if the monitor is made by Sony. The same goes for rebranded printer/scanner hardware too.