Opera 9.2 Out

rridgely

• Moderators

The newest version of opera is out. :)

It has a pretty cool new feature called "speed dial" which is basically a keyboard shortcut using ctrl+1-9 that will open up pages that you assign to them.

Very nice. :) (to see the new feature just open a new tab. Thats where you assign what the keys do. I just wish they would have let me picked out of my bookmarks. :( )

• Moderators

I still can not get any version of Opera to run on my PC (XP SP2). :(

Ran it once when I first came to the forum last year. Whatever I try now, I can not get it to connect to the Internet, although I have a direct connection.

Any ideas anyone?

I use and will probably continue using Firefox. But this is a puzzle that is doing my head in. <_<

• Moderators

If you can't get Opera to work it could be because of proxy settings, or the lack of proxy settings. I personally had to stop using Opera because out of nowhere it wouldn't work with my proxy ad filtering software which is also something I stopped using altogether after switching to Firefox with Adblock Plus.

• Moderators
If you can't get Opera to work it could be because of proxy settings, or the lack of proxy settings. I personally had to stop using Opera because out of nowhere it wouldn't work with my proxy ad filtering software which is also something I stopped using altogether after switching to Firefox with Adblock Plus.

I've tried changing every setting I can find in Opera. I don't use a proxy server, and every other browser I've tried has ran from my default internet settings.

Opera did a few months ago, but not now, and the only filtering software I use is a Firefox add on, Flashblock. This couldn't effect Opera surely?

Although nothing would surprise me in the wonderfully unpredictable world of computer software.