Odd Problem With Yahoo Mail

fullbug

I'm on a Windows XP, SP2 and I am having an odd problem I havent had before with my Yahoo Mail, when I try to compose an email, the text all comes up strange boxes and such, I'm guessing like computer code, I have run every virus scan under the sun that I can think of and it finds nothing, it does this with other programs as well, at this point I'm out of ideas, had this problem for a week and it wont correct itself, if you look at the screenshot you will see the text under the Subject and Title all works fine, its just in the text box, has anyone ever seen this before or know what I can do about it?

post-4139-1174056285_thumb.jpg

post-4139-1174056285_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Whatever browser you're using check that the language settings are set to your native language that you use.

Other than that maybe emptying the browser cache and cookies may help, followed by running CCleaner, and then a system restart.

Whatever browser you're using check that the language settings are set to your native language that you use.

Other than that maybe emptying the browser cache and cookies may help, followed by running CCleaner, and then a system restart.

I did all that, on both IE and Firefox, and the language is set to english (Western), and as I mentioned have run TONS of spyware/Trojan programs, I cant seem to pin down the reason for this problem....

• Moderators

Maybe it's just a Yahoo problem! ;)

Within the past few months, maybe six I was no longer able to use Yahoo TV, the site became a garbled mess in both Firefox and IE, thus I switched to a different TV listings site.

Maybe it's just a Yahoo problem! ;)

Within the past few months, maybe six I was no longer able to use Yahoo TV, the site became a garbled mess in both Firefox and IE, thus I switched to a different TV listings site.

Its not just yahoo, it does this on MSM and another program I cant remember at the moment as well....

Thats weird, when I switch to Yahoo Beta it works OK, I wonder why it makes a difference, I dont get it, and I dont want to change my screen res everytime I check my email, wish I could figure out how to fix it, it worked fine for years and years....

I use Yahoo mail beta, and it`s working fine.

I changed back to the other version, and that`s also working OK. ;)

Had no problems at all, and I use it on a regular basis.

Thanx, that really helped me out.... :rolleyes::lol:

• Moderators

Always happy to be of service. :)

At least you now know what it isn`t. 1%20(11).gif

Actually, I had a bit play around with different options, but up to now, everything is still working OK.

Looking at your reply though, I`m still chuckling away here.

• Moderators

Sorry fullbug, I've tried changing everything I can think of via the control panel now as well.

Different theme, different font size, but still works OK on beta and original.

However, when I knocked my screen resolution down to 800 X 600, it was automatically reset to 1024 X 768 when I accessed either version of Yahoo.

I have no idea if that`s significant, or relates to your problem in any way, but maybe one of the other guys here might know.

Hope you can get it sorted.

:)

I just tested the Beta and Normal versions of Yahoo!7 Mail at 800x600 and all went fine.

Neither automatically resized my resolution, but it did warn me:

There seems to be a screen resolution problem.

Your screen resolution is set below our minimum recommendation. When it's set under 1024 x 768 pixels, the Yahoo!7 Mail Beta won't look as good.

You can continue with your current settings, but you won't be able to enjoy the full effect of the Beta.

fireryone